So how many have Desire's that have been problem free

Last Updated:

1. Dave L

Dave L Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just curious really. A lot of people look for a related forum when when they get a new product and many only when they have a problem with one.

Looking on forums such as this, sometimes you think 'my god, look how many problems people are having with this phone, have I done the right thing'......

One mainly gets to read about the bad and not so much the good.

My first Desire developed a problem within the first 2-weeks. I got a new replacement and although this one is only a couple of weeks old, so far so good. No problems yet!

So how many of you have 'not' had a problem with your Desire and how long have you had it?

Advertisement
  2. mcnob

mcnob Well-Known Member

I had trouble latching onto GPS the very first time I used it but a quick search on here proved that that's common and it's been almost instant ever since. Other than that, had it over a week with no probs to speak of.

Happy man.:D

3. corney91

corney91 Well-Known Member

I've had it for nearly two months I think and not had any problems :)
    And experimented with lots of apps in the first month and settled down now and everything's perfect - I don't even use a cover and I've taken it out on drunken nights in town and managed to keep it intact and use it properly, which was my main worry :D

4. Good Old Bakes

Good Old Bakes Well-Known Member

I've had mine about 6 weeks and - 'touch wood' - it's been as sweet as sugar candy. Mine was one of the early unbranded models from Three but I don't know if that makes a difference?

5. OtterGod

OtterGod Member

I've had mine since the beginning of April - no problems with the hardware, and just the usual learning curve on the software side as it's my first Android phone. One of my best purchases in ages :)

6. NZtechfreak

NZtechfreak Well-Known Member

A few little niggles here, but thats pretty uniform for any smartphone, nothing that would prevent me form recommending the Desire to others.

7. paulcooper

paulcooper Well-Known Member

Mine is doing just fine now that I have stopped buggering around with it.
    Battery was crap at first but then realised I was actually using it for 8 hours every day first week or so I've now learnt a lot about it now and am happy!

One thing I have learnt is that "Task Killer" usage on the Desire is not so Desireable.
    Like many others i bet are from windows & windows mobile background - I am and well I came in with expectations and found my eyes have been opened now!

All of my issues were in 1 way or another linked to task killer, it's not for Desire.

After a factory reset and nothing installed from marketplace and only installing google navigation updates, I have to say she is doing mighty fine now.

a few people i have shown it to like it a lot. 3 are iphoners..

8. jauhari

jauhari Well-Known Member

I am SE W660i Cell Phone user... when I switch into HTC Desire my biggest question only battery :(

9. marcjohnson

marcjohnson Well-Known Member

Not had a problem with mine, had a G1 before so expected the battery to be poor but juice defender has helped a lot.

10. benner

benner Well-Known Member

happy with mine so far. i had a galaxy before this that sucked. this phone is an improvement in every way.

11. ranko

ranko New Member

I agree with you, Task Killer are annoying when you dont know alot about how background processes of Android work, in my case i am using Advanced Task Killer and the Alarm never did go on. later i found that the task killer is killing the process so i customize the task killer not to kill some process so its working fine:D. but i have another issue which also could be related to another software; sometimes the screen does not come one when i press the power button so i end up removing the battery:mad:.

12. Si Pie

Si Pie Well-Known Member

Why do people complain about the battery? Read a single review on the net which says battery life is really good. If you have bought from a shop and asked about battery life then you have been miss-sold a phone if it was a concern. In fact, the salesman who sold me mine told me I would need to charge it practically every day and I didn't even ask him about the battery.

The phone specs won't tell you battery life on most phones these days because people use them for more than just standby and calling. Perhaps manufacturers need to add in something like hours of internet browsing on a single charge to make it more relevant.

13. Nodders

Nodders Well-Known Member

No problems at all after a month or so

14. steve_mcqueen

steve_mcqueen Member

I've had mine for little over a week now and it's been working like a dream. It's my first smartphone, and I'm really impressed.

15. runamonk

runamonk Well-Known Member

Mine is working great.

The only issue I have is not related to Android directly but HTC and their stupid idea to give unlock the phone by pressing the damn menu button.

Besides that I quite like it. :)

16. w0mbat

w0mbat Member

Had mine about a month and no problems at all. Brilliant phone :)

17. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Well-Known Member

Had mine about a month now, touch wood, no problems at all.

Re. battery; I can now get 2 days out of it, the main killer is constant switching between g, 3g & H signals.

18. Scuffers

Scuffers Member

Had mine ~6 weeks, had a few niggles at first till I got my head round it.

Battery life was crap at first, but after a couple of weeks actual use, it's settled down, I can now get though a day easy (and I am a very heavy user), I suspect it;s a combination of three things:

1) new toy being played with hard
    2) battery takes a couple of cycles to wake up
    3) the level indicator takes a few cycles to calibrate

still learning how to do a few things better, but as a phone it's great, only thing I want that's missing is Wifi/Bluetooth Tethering

19. trick202

trick202 Well-Known Member

I see far less issues over on the nexus section than the desire section. Is this because us Brits are more whingy? ;)

20. PJD

PJD Well-Known Member

Have had mine since mid April this is my first smartphone so it takes a little getting used too but have had no problems

21. biscuitlad

biscuitlad Well-Known Member

My Desire phone has been fantastic. Absolutely perfect, no faults, no problems. I've messed about with it a bit, but I have to say that HTC have really done a good job on both the HW and SW.

TBH, most of the posts you see here having problems turn out to be the user, not the phone. I've been caught out myself thinking the phone was behaving weirdly, until I worked out how it has been designed.

I'm really impressed, and have had a queue of people coming to see it, mostly iPhone users who are sick of being ripped off with high monthly bills. When I tell them I pay

22. no fit state

no fit state Well-Known Member

Had mine about a month now. No problems at all :)

23. GrenW

GrenW Well-Known Member

Had mine for 6 weeks no and had no problems at all. There are a few quirks and a battery that lasts less than I'd like (still get sthrough a day very easily though) but that's smartphones for you.

24. Lars PA

Lars PA Member

I'm not sure for how long I've had my Desire, life seemed blurry back then...
    Works more than fine for me

25. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

Nexus One owners are more likely to be android pro's than desire owners i think :/