So HTC Desire ROM users

Last Updated:

1. mudrock1000

mudrock1000 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Whatcha gonna do when 2.2 drops? I'm debating it alot since I've grown quite attached to my Sense.

Advertisement
  2. lithium1330

lithium1330 Member

I'm using Desire R21 ROM and really like it. I am sure it won't be long before Paul comes up with the Desire ROM based off of the shipping build of Desire.

BTW, does your wallpaper change back to the HTC Sense wallpaper once a while after you wake it up from standby? I use the grass animated wallpaper, but once a while/randomly it would revert back to the HTC sense. And I also noticed the setting for weather displayed with the clock does not save - i have to manually update the weather.

3. branon

branon Member

Sorry for going off topic. But if you have rooted the phone and installed the Desire Rom what are your options for getting the 2.2 update (ie what can one do?). I thought you could not get updates once it has been rooted.

4. bluehaze013

bluehaze013 Well-Known Member

I used the desire rom for a month or so now and always liked it but recently due to my job have started using the phone a heck of alot more for calls and had to go back to the stock rom because desire is just way too buggy for heavy phone usage. Dropped calls, missed calls (people going to voicemail without the phone ringing) The call waiting screeching all that static in my ear every time a call comes in on the other line. It really just got to the point that it is unusable for me anymore. It was pretty though!

5. mudrock1000

To answer the first two questions no.
    2nd post: It IS based off the Desire ROM now.
    3rd: Which radio were you using? I never have my calls dropped.

6. jbman

jbman Active Member

I'm using Kings Desire to Nexus rom and have not had any problems with dropped calls.

And in regards to 2.2...

Is there not a way to update it via people uploading the file? I remember when the droid came out with 2.1 people were telling those that got the update to upload the file first before installing so others who were rooted could download and install it as well. Could we not do the same?

7. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery VIP Member

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe you have to revert back to the stock OS and then install 2.2 :)

8. bluehaze013

bluehaze013 Well-Known Member

You might not even realize all the calls you are missing and all the quirks I didn't until I started this job and started finding tons of voicemails that don't show up in the call log. I used Desire from a7 to a21 but was just casual phone use maybe 20 minutes a day and I thought the Desire ROM was the greatest thing in the world however now that I'm using it for business like 6-7 hours a day there are just tons of problems that make it unusable. Not just missed calls and dropped calls but even the phone freezing sometimes when calls would come in while I was already talking with someone and other times when I would try to switch to the other line the phone would hang up on the person I was talking to and dial voicemail instead of switching to the other call it got so bad people were actually complaining to me about my phone LOL I now realize why it is still considered an alpha ROM there is still a lot of work to do before it can be considered stable.

Haven't had any complaints or issues since switching back to stock ROM so it's all good still love my Nexus!

9. mudrock1000

Bump.

I have another question to volley at all of you. What could be in 2.2 that would make any of you jump onto cyanogen's based on 2.2 (I'd assume it'd be updated at least)

For me, it would be the quirky screen. I simply can't stand it.