So I am finally going to the DInc via VZW Executive CSGeneral

Last Updated:

1. BringinTheHeat

BringinTheHeat New Member This Topic's Starter

So I am on my 4th Droid Eris...yup, I am one of the lucky ones apparently. I have had serious issuses with "silent bugs", the phone will hang up in the middle of a call if I get another call at the same time, the phone will just "hang" for 15-25 seconds at a time and the list goes on and on.

I have been talking to VZW Executive CS for about 3 months and I finally talked with a Systems Analyst about my issues. After talking with him for 5 minutes, he is sending me a LNR DInc that will be here tomorrow. I know the battery life is going to suck (just a Droid thing) but he reassured me that the DInc is light years more dependable than my Eris.

I am very stoked...now, to root or not to root...that is the question.

Advertisement
  2. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

root and enjoy the good life that comes with it.. plus its one click now why not do it :)

3. gasolinev8

gasolinev8 Member

Just came in from an Eris as well. Never really had issues with mine but with an upgrade available it was just time to step up and I am really glad of my decision. This is the phone Google should have built a year ago. I don't think you'll be disappointed. The only complaint I have is the design allows the camera lens to hang out there aways and I have already cracked it a week into this project :-(. I haven't really noticed too much difference in battery life between the Eris and Incredible. In fact, it seems when the Incredible is asleep, my battery time is way better than Eris when it would sleep, for what it's worth. Root is a pretty simple deal with these, but does have some limitations for the time being. But tweakable nonetheless.
    Enjoy !!!!!

4. euph_22

euph_22 Well-Known Member

What will you do with root? Unless you have a reason to root, don't.

5. imtoomuch

imtoomuch Well-Known Member

Is there a link to what rooting is and what it does on this site? I know...NOOB QUESTION!

Nice to see you're getting an Incredible as an upgrade for your problems! My friend was having problems with her Eris freezing and the guy at Best Buy told her it was because her apps didn't close and he recommended an app killer app. I'll have to tell her that the Eris has issues.

6. duncanhoo

duncanhoo Well-Known Member

you will find the incredible a VAST improvement over the eris. I gave my eris to my wife who is not a power user and the lagginess is too much to suffer through.

7. ChiTownJim

ChiTownJim Well-Known Member

Root and instal Hydra Kernal that Overclocks to 1.13ghz and undervoltz it. Performance is fantastic and my battery life is at least 20% better now plus I've got an awesome flashlight now :)

8. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

root is how you gain privileged to do cool things with your phone like wifi teathering
    look here and read the stickies
    All Things Root (Incredible) - Android Forums

imtoomuch likes this.
  9. imtoomuch

10. sal_shawn

sal_shawn Well-Known Member

Congratulations. Are you getting for free?

11. lg4420

lg4420 Well-Known Member

i went thru four as well and got mine for free, then vzw sent phone only, no battery, had a heckuva time---made out in the end

12. kyle1745

kyle1745 Well-Known Member

Good luck with the new phone...

Not sure why every recommends root.... if someone does not know what it is then odds are they wont need it. Sorry but root is not for the average user in my opinion.

EgoDogg likes this.
  13. imtoomuch

At some point you didn't know what rooting is either. You weren't born with that knowledge. Just because somebody doesn't know what it is doesn't mean it's for them nor does it mean they don't have the ability to do it and use it.