so i bricked my Note

Last Updated:

1. ChampN252

ChampN252 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

About 3 weeks ago, I was trying to put cwm on my phone only to have it brick. The binary counter is at 4 and it says custom. I waited all this time for a usb jig and the thing doesn't work. I'm outta ideals. I can't even get it into download mode. I'm about to cough up my money and go to Samsung. Anything I can do that might work?

Advertisement
  2. ChampN252

okay, I just read about someone with a case like mine with a different phone. They went back to the store they got it from and got a replacement. Hopefully that works for me tomorrow and they don't ask too many questions. Insurance should cover it from what I read.

3. zzdiesel

zzdiesel Member

CWM supposedly has a problem on some of our phones, and it does brick them. I changed over to TWRP.

ChampN252 likes this.
  4. zzdiesel

zzdiesel Member

I will say this. My Note has been bulletproof. You can go into "Recovery" when you turn the phone holding the power button & both volume button till you feel it vibrate and release the power button. It should come up in recovery.

5. ChampN252

I had never heard of that. if I can get it replaced tomorrow, I will most certainly try it

6. james27007

james27007 Look into my Eye VIP Member

So you can get into download mode? Then why not ODIN flash back to stock? Or am I missing something

7. zzdiesel

zzdiesel Member

That's what saved me the 1st time messed up. ;)