So I Called Best Buy And Was Told They Might Not Have The Epic By The 31st

Last Updated:

1. Android XTC

Android XTC Banned This Topic's Starter

I did find a Radio Shack store with 2 Epics un spoken for near my office and was able to grab one, I'm not taking any chances. Anyway if you have a pre order with BB just know it might fall through.

Advertisement
  2. KDFusion

KDFusion Active Member

As big of a company as Best Buy is, it doesn't seem likely that they will NOT have their Epics in store on the 31st.

Does anyone know of this ever happening with Best Buy and another phone? I can't think of any off the top of my head.

3. badankles

badankles Well-Known Member

i would assumed that if they have a pre-ordered list, then they would have at least that amount on 31st. if no pre-ordered list, then they are not obligated if their service location is not big on mobile demands. all from my conjectures, of course.

all i know is, i pre-ordered and have a $50 gift card because of it, so i will not be a happy camper if they don't have one on launch day for me.

4. Android XTC

Android XTC Banned This Topic's Starter

Well I talked to the kid at BB and he said they don't have any in stock and was not sure if they would get them in by Tuesday, but the Radio Shack did. Radio Shack got there inventory yesterday.

5. Nucleartx

Nucleartx Well-Known Member

Picking mine up Thursday morning hopefully. POd at myself for going to best buy. Should have done Radio shack by my house but I wanted to pick mine up on the way home from work :(

6. postermen

postermen Member

Just got this week's Best Buy ad (8/29). Seems really weird that the Epic isn't even mentioned.

7. Adrift

Adrift Well-Known Member

My BestBuy assured me today that they would have it Tuesday. I went by there earlier today to check, they said they are expecting them to arrive Monday...

8. SebastianX

SebastianX Well-Known Member

Of course the last instance this happened was barely a few months ago when the Evo came out, as big a company as Best Buy is it's run by capitalist assholes who really don't care about whether or not they'll have your pretty device on release day, they always take as many pre-orders as they can get, if they get more pre-orders then they get phones they'll call you and apologize and say they should have more in a few days. Ths happens all the time with Best Buy hence why I go to the Shack.

9. sixty4

sixty4 Active Member

I pre-ordered at at Radio Shack two weeks ago tomorrow, first person in downtown Washington DC. THey called me last Tuesday and said they already had the phone in the shop. I'm picking it up on Wednesday, the day my contract will give me an upgrade.

I cannot imagine Best Buy wont be ready, too large a PR issue. You had an employee who should be making decisions if you ask me.

10. crow11ad

crow11ad Well-Known Member

Me thinks that there is not a lot of push as Sprint does not want another Evo shortage even though it is now reported that Sprint will have limited Evos back online.

11. robl45

robl45 Well-Known Member

I called my radioshack where I preordered two epics, paid my 100 dollars non refundable and they said they don't have them yet, worse they are like "yea, we think we are getting them sometime this week" all I can say is they better have them tuesday or they better find some for me or give me back my 100 dollars. Thats unacceptable to take money from people and not deliver.

12. mattism78

mattism78 Well-Known Member

I was at my local BB yesterday and they had a flier with the Epic on the cover. It had coming soon written under it. I looked for a dummy phone but the store was too busy so I left.

13. iBleedBlackNgold

iBleedBlackNgold Well-Known Member

well they got em lol .. called me today n im good to go