• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

So, I FINALLY did it... SGH-I717UCLE2 (ICS 4.0.4)

Upvote 0
Can someone confirm the name of the file? My cpu has barracuda and it's blocking all the info on the download page.

Also, do you have to be un-rooted to flash this?

This is the file name of the latest leak (just released a couple days ago)

SGH-I717UCLF5_478C4F494FE1D8194C6BD7758C972351.exe

Please note that this one seems to have a GPS issue (works, but not reliable).

This is my thread at XDA I am managing:

SGH-I717UCLF5 - ICS Leak Discusstion - xda-developers

I flashed it anyway, and I LOVE it, less lag.

PM Me if you need a download link other than the one in the OP of my thread.

I am not going to post a public Mirror to honor the request of the poster.

Thanks!

Upvote 0
my Note was running all weird with UCLE2 after I installed a bunch of junk over the past few weeks...decided to use ODIN and bring it back to GB using the "attstockrom" tar...now I hate not having battery % and disable lock screen built in among a few other things so I'm going back to ICS.

I was on UCLE2 version of ICS and now I see its up to UCLE5....wonder whats been added since then.

Anywho, my question is, does this mean my flash counter has been tripped 2x?

A little while back I used the easy unroot method for my Note but when back to stock, then I did this ICS update, then the ODIN back to GB.

At the one screen before updating, now that I went from ICS back to stock GB it shows:

Custom Binanry Download: YES (2counts)
Current Binary (Custom)

Figured it would show 0 for some reason and "stock" or something like that for binary. Does this mean my flash counter has been tripped 2x? It was at 0 when I went from GB to root, back to unroot and then ICS UCLE2.

Upvote 0
hmm...since updating, when i went to GooglePlay on my PC to install a bunch of apps back...it didn't send it to my phone. Any ideas?

EDIT: Nevermind..its working now.

EDIT2: Its acting really weird. Showing apps as not installed yet even though I have it installed. Never seen it doing this before.

Yeah mine did the same thing, it's not keeping track of what I've installed when I look at an app in the browser.

Outside of that though it works great. I thought I loved this phone before, holy jeez, now it's just another world.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones