So I got an N1

Last Updated:

1. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande? VIP Member This Topic's Starter

Don't be hatin'-- I'm keeping my Droid too and may do dev work on it but might Drop VZW, not sure yet.

Here's what I've found:

N1 is faster and smoother, even versus my 1Ghz OC'd Droid.
    Droid screen has much better color representation. The colors on the N1 are way washed out.

I don't miss the 40 pixels or so from the screen being smaller.

I like not having a hardware keyboard, and miss it all at the same time.

Tmobile is faster data speeds but spottier coverage. Kinda ends in a tie here. Though having no contract and only payin $60/month is nice.

Anyways I hope some of the old regulars are still around &/or someone finds this useful.

So in case anyone is wondering -- here's from someone who has used both, they are both awesome.

Advertisement
  2. shadowdude777

shadowdude777 Well-Known Member

Hopefully Froyo will make the Droid smoother like the N1 is. Good to see you're still gonna be coding some apps for us though! :)

3. gwlaw99

gwlaw99 Well-Known Member

Get launcherpro and Droid is completed smooth

4. shadowdude777

Well I have Helix Launcher and it is nice and smooth. But the N1 is running the same thing as we are and it doesn't have trouble with it. Which makes it more powerful. Which bothers me. Froyo should make it so that the Droid has enough horsepower that the difference doesn't matter much though. ;)

5. gwlaw99

gwlaw99 Well-Known Member

Launcherpro is much smoother than helix

shadowdude777 likes this.
  6. alostpacket

Yeah Froyo looks sweet doesnt it?

Good to see some old familiar faces 'round here SD777 :) And yeah
    I'm still coding, just released an update tonight but I got a new full time job recently so it's been hard to find the time to write. Hopefully Bluetooth and file transfer coming soon though! I finally decided to stop supporting 1.5 and 1.6 so that will save me a ton of headaches heh.

7. shadowdude777

Wow, this actually is much smoother!

8. shadowdude777

Well I know we're getting Bluetooth voice dialing in Froyo, which is kind of a major feature they overlooked in the past. Heh. And I think most users have made the jump over to Android 2.x either by rooting a 1.5/1.6 phone or with a new phone, so you should be covered there. :D

9. alostpacket

Hehe well i mean bluetooth file sharing for my app -- i have it in development now. But 1.5 and 1.6 had no bluetooth API even though they had the ability to make BT connections. I actualy dont care about BT dialing heheh.

But yeah, you're right a lot of people have rooted and flashed, and now with the Eris updated to 2.1 and Sprint having released (? is releasing) 2.1 for the hero I think most all devices are getting there. Probably only the G1 will get left out. I think the samsung moment is getting 2.1 also. The only one i have no idea about is the MT3G.