So, I got one of these today - anyone got questions?General

Last Updated: 2014-01-12 02:55:49
  1. NZtechfreak

NZtechfreak Well-Known Member

Just wondering if any of the faithful remain here and are interested to know anything about this phone?

Advertisement
  2. davoid

davoid Well-Known Member

Hey, nice! Definitely interested in hearing your views. Maybe not for myself, but I might recommend it to friends.

How does it perform? Do you find the 8GB storage too limiting? I imagine it's a no-go for gamers, but ok for most other people.

What's the display like, and the audio?

How does it compare to, say, the One X?
  3. Gearu

Gearu Well-Known Member

I would really love to have the original wallpapers from this, I'm afraid there's nothing I can offer in return except a thanks.
  4. NZtechfreak

NZtechfreak Well-Known Member

Will post some more thoughts later guys :)

It is now with another editor from my site who will be doing the review, but I spent a couple of days with it.

Will see if I can get him to grab the wallpapers for your Gearu.
  5. Gearu

Gearu Well-Known Member

Pretty please :D
  6. Daffiestlime

Daffiestlime New Member

Which version of the D1 do you have? The regular or the XL?
    How is the battery life?
    How does it feel? Cheap?
    Does it feel thick?
  7. Gundam168

Gundam168 Well-Known Member

I just got my Quad XL yesterday.

- coming from a 13mm thick Motorola Defy+ handset, the Quad XL doesn't look thick at all.
    - The camera is absolutely breathtaking.
    - power up from OFF is fast,
    - not as slick as the premium finish of Samsung Quad core phones but I have no complaints with the plasticky polycarbonate body (considering how cheap I got it).
    - it is super cheap. I got a brand new Quad XL for the price of a used Motorola Defy+. Goodbye Motorola. 20 months of utter disappointment!

Dislike:
    - system info shows RAM is a little under 800MB not the 1012MB on paper.
    - in spite of the Dolby Mobile branding, the sound was very disappointing. Weak volume and almost imperceptible bass even when using high end ear buds.
  8. Gundam168

Gundam168 Well-Known Member

Here's a question:

I've been reading several blog reviews on the Quad XL saying it uses Gorilla glass but I never saw anything official written from Huawei that it uses Gorilla glass. It doesn't even say it's Gorilla glass on the box. But the feel of it seems like it's a mineral glass.