So I have a pretty humorous glitch...

Last Updated:

1. unwallflower

unwallflower Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I used my dad's upgrade to get the Evo, because he wanted my old phone. So, obviously, the Evo was activated on his line first, then switched to my line.

I called him for the first time yesterday. I tapped "Dad", let it connect, and put it up to my ear. As I was putting it up to my ear, I happened to glance at the screen. Instead of saying "Dad" on the screen... it says "Voicemail"! I figure oh crap, I'm calling my voicemail on accident... until my dad picks up the phone.

So I had him call me back. Yep, phone rings and screen says "Voicemail".

Haven't been able to get it corrected yet. Not like it's a huge problem, just a minor annoyance (and sort of funny).

Advertisement
  2. Cathy9887

Cathy9887 Member

LOL! Can you still access your voicemail separately? If so, I'd consider leaving it like that. Sorta funny. :)

3. unwallflower

Yeah, I can still access it separately. It would be much less humorous if trying to ACTUALLY call my voicemail still dialed my dad. Thankfully that isn't the case.

4. sitlet

sitlet Banned

sounds like the phone didnt fully switch accounts. i would call customer care and have them re-activate it.

5. unwallflower

Already had to do this the day I bought it (the person at the store handed it to me and said "here you go!" but after I left I realized that it wouldn't make calls or anything). They had me manually change the numbers in the phone myself... so I've seen firsthand that it really IS on my account.

I may eventually call them and see if it can be fixed, but for now everything is functional... it's just silly. I can still reach my voicemail and he can still reach his, and that's what really matters. (Plus yesterday I was at lunch with my mom and my phone rang, so I got to say "hold on a second! My voicemail is calling me, I have to take this one.")