So I have rooted, now a few more questions

Last Updated:

1. thefley

thefley Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

do I have to pick a rom to install? I was checking them out and reading and seems like a few good ones have issues still. is a rom just someone elses idea of what they like the phone to have and look like? (just asking, i really have no idea)

is there apps I can download that will allow me to take off the sprint apps? (fresh kitchen not supported on 2.1 yet)

what apps should I be looking for now that it is rooted?

Go easy one me, I just took the leap and rooted after not being happy with the 2.1 update.

Advertisement
  2. pinoy724

pinoy724 Well-Known Member

Most of the roms have the sprint bloatware taken out. The best thing about being rooted is that you can test out as many roms as you want until you find the one you like. I use Fresh2.1.2 awesome rom, very stable, minimal problems. Remember to do a nand backup before wiping.

3. thefley

thefley Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I was looking at the fresh 2.1.2 and had downloaded it, however I see they took out the sprint nav. I use it all the time and I use the google one too. is there a way to put it back in?

also i did the nandroid backup, I am still trying to figure out how to install the roms.. I did copy my SD card to my computer as a back up after I did the nandroid update

4. Heaterz16

Heaterz16 Well-Known Member

I replied to you yesterday on how to install a rom - see "custom rom" thread...

As for adding sprint nav back, flipz website (geekfor.me) has a link to all the things he took out - download the files you want and push them via adb

example:
    In Windows, go to a dos prompt and type c:\android-sdk-windows\tools
    (that is assuming you have the sdk installed on your computer - if you don't, follow the sticky on rooting)
    Copy the sprint nav apk file to this folder on your computer before doing below commands

At dos prompt: C:\android-sdk-windows\tools type:
    adb push sprintnav.apk /system/app

PLEASE NOTE: in the command I typed, I only guessed the sprint nav file name, just match the file name after you download it and copy it to your tools folder and you can use that command to push it (replace sprintnav.apk with whatever the actual name is)