So I just let my battery die out...

Last Updated:

1. scheng12

scheng12 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

And the phone shut itself off. It's plugged in now and has been for like 5 minutes but it still won't turn on. Is this supposed to happen? My phone was running flawlessly before

Advertisement
  2. djmeslie

djmeslie Member

I can say its not..the one time it died on me i connected it to the wall charger and it turned right back on on its own to charge up. If you have it connected to your computers usb then that could b the difference...

3. indolent

indolent Well-Known Member

If a lithium ion battery gets too low, sometimes chargers will think they are dead and won't charge them. Could be your problem.

4. BSmith

BSmith Well-Known Member

Mine did the same thing, but it came back to life after 20 min or so. It was plugged into the computer FWIW.

5. ajm144k

ajm144k Well-Known Member

this happened to me last night, where it died then i plugged it in and it didnt turn on immediately (it was plugged into the computer). i tried hitting the power key a few times but it wasnt turning on. i unplugged it, took out the batt really quick, then plugged it into the wall charger. it turned right on like normal.

so it was either 1) just too low to turn on at first or 2) doesn't turn on when charging thru the comp. i think 2 is actually what it is, since everytime i plug it into the wall charger when its completely dead it always turns on (done it prob 3 or 4 times now), and the one time i put it on the computer usb to charge it didn't turn on.

6. BCK

BCK Member

It is normal behavior. When your battery charge is very low, the USB spec call out that the phone need to do trickle charge until the battery voltage is up to a certain level. That is why when you connected to the PC, the phone look dead till a few mins later. The best indication for this condition to know that the phone is alive is to look at the Charge LED beside the phone connector. The purpose of the charge LED showed that charging is taking place.

Hope this helps and there is nothing wrong with your phone.