So I lost text messages since Undervolted installed..

Last Updated:

1. Fiere

Fiere Member This Topic's Starter

I just did the stock undervolted a couple days ago, everything went smoothly, then today while texting my battery died. After plugging it back in and powering up, all the text messages and emails I've received since the install are now gone. The emails I easily retrieved, but I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if there is a solution to get the text messages back or stop it from happening again. My text messages are important for work.

Advertisement
  2. howarmat

howarmat Well-Known Member

first i would never use SMS for work if its important.

now what do you mean undervolted. whose kernel did you use? or was it a rom?

3. Fiere

It's a Hydra Kernel, by Ejhart

4. howarmat

howarmat Well-Known Member

that is a popular one, i havent heard of anyone else having this issue using their kernels either. i have used them in the past also

5. answerman

answerman Well-Known Member

Never had a problem here either... I've been using the Hydra undervolted kernel almost since it became available. I really don't think the kernel has anything to do with losing your messages. As far as getting your messages back... no idea, sorry about that. I'd ask if you do any sort of backup, but I suspect that if you did you wouldn't be asking the question you did.

6. Fiere

I do backup. But the last backup was right before the install and I'm scheduled for Tuesday and Friday.

7. Weazol

Weazol Well-Known Member

anytime you clear data you will lose your text messages. Best bet is to get a sms backup app.

8. Fiere

I just noticed my computer is not recognizing my phone, at all. I tried to go into adb shell and it says error: device not found. This must have also started at the same time. And I do have usb debugging enabled.Any idea's?

9. Weazol

Weazol Well-Known Member

are you able to read data at all?

(I ask this because my phone just started messing up, it will charge but not connect to a computer unless I wiggle the cord.)

10. Fiere

Basically, my phone is acting completely normal, I just lost three days of data. I have everything before the install and everything after the crash. But when I plug my phone into my computer, it acts like it's plugged into the wall. I've tried changing it from 'use as disk' then back, and it still won't register that it's plugged into a computer. I'm wondering if I should do a nandroid restore back to the stock kernel? Are you not reading data?

11. Weazol

Weazol Well-Known Member

yeah you should do a nandroid then

12. Fiere

I restored, using Rom Mananger, to the backup right before the kernel install and the problem persists. Don't know what to do next. Anyone have an idea?

13. Fiere

Still looking for help. Anyone?

14. Old Member

Old Member Well-Known Member

Not sure how to get them back now. For future reference, I use this SMS Backup+ - Android app on AppBrain without any problems. It's nice because it backs them up to my google email account. I can go through them all and delete them from there if I don't want them anymore. Every time I load a new ROM on that requires a wipe of data, it's nice to know that when I restore everything all of my conversations in sms are restored as well. Good luck!

15. Fiere

I think I'm going to need it. I'm not concerned about the texts. The problem that concerns me, is my phone not connecting to computers. So I have no access to ADB.

16. Weazol

Weazol Well-Known Member

If you did a nandroid to a time when it was working but it still isnt, then I would get it replaced.