So I tried to update my software...

Last Updated:

1. Joehunni

Joehunni Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

After losing root due to F'ed up rom flash, I can still boot into recovery mode (clockworkmod) which is annoying as its like I'm half rooted. So I came across the "one click" hero/evo root method, unrevoked, and that told me I was rooted though I am not. I am kinda ocd and am extremely annoyed by this whole half rooted none of the benefits and all of the shortcomings deal (loss of warranty, back to slow stock 2.1, ect). Thought about taking it to a Sprint store and have them reflash the 2.1 Ruu but was told over the phone that it is impossible to do this. Lastly, I decided it was time to update the software to the dreaded, root-breaker .6 version. So I download the update and go to install it, installation fails and leaves me staring at my clockwork recovery screen, not what I expected. I'm assuming it failed because of my phones unique situation but any advice or insight would be appreciated.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

Advertisement
  2. Joehunni

Come on somebody...

3. merciers

merciers Active Member

I don't know if this helps but I called Sprint customer service a couple weeks ago because most of my calls were going straight to voice mail and my phone was never ringing and the woman on the phone had me input some codes into my phone's keypad to get it to reset itself and reinstall the OS. I don't know if that would fix your problem? You could call and tell them you had the missed call problem and maybe they would help you reset it?

As I said, I don't know if this helps at all but I felt like I would try to help all that I could.

Good luck.

4. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Try the RUU again.

5. Joehunni

Can I rerun the Ruu? My computer us down right now so I brought it to a sprint store and asked them to rerun it and the tech said that its impossible to do if it already has 2.1?

6. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Yes, you should be able to run it again.