So Im At The Sprint Store Yesterday And I Hear The Sales Guy Telling Someone NOT To Buy The EVO..!

Last Updated:

1. BetterMost

BetterMost Banned This Topic's Starter

Went on and on about how much better the new Samsung Epic 4G phone is going to be. Was telling the guy he used both side by side and there is no comparison of the two. So could it be that much better? To listen to him you sure would think so.

Advertisement
  2. pwnst*r

pwnst*r Well-Known Member

It's a conspiracy.

3. rsl5150

rsl5150 Member

They prolly own an Iphone ;)

nuprotocol likes this.
  4. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

Its nothing new. Even Sales Reps have their opinions. Whatever u get, get it cuz u want to.

I have an X. If I woulda walked into a Verizon store and they said that to me about the Inc., I woulda been like naw, give me the X.

5. eric3316

eric3316 Well-Known Member

Would need to hear his reasons why to actually consider his opinion relevant. By just saying it is better means squat!

6. BetterMost

BetterMost Banned This Topic's Starter

He said the slider key pad was the best he had ever used and also gushed over the LED display.

7. Liebertron

Liebertron Well-Known Member

every slider key pad i have ever had i felt was a piece of junk. even the best.

8. Yankees368

Yankees368 Well-Known Member

To me, there is no convincing me to take the Epic over the Evo because of 2 omitted things on the Epic:
    1. LED Flash
    2. LED notification light

Why does samsung hate LEDs so much?

9. blu3g

blu3g Well-Known Member

Well, at least that's better than what I experienced at best buy. I went there with my girlfriend and was curious if they had any evo in stock, since she wanted one. The lady working at the mobile center said they didn't have any left, although they did get a new Samsung phone in stock. She said it had the same processor as the evo, front facing cam, runs on 4g, and the only difference is that it has a physical keyboard. I was thinking to myself, "the epic's not out yet... " so I was interested in seeing what she was going to show me. Turns out it was the Samsung intercept. So I preceded to tell her that she was false advertising the phone. Gave her a run down of the specs on the intercept off the top of my head, stating how it doesn't have the snapdragon processor, there's no front facing camera, it doesn't run on 4g, heck it even runs on a slower evdo rev 0 instead of evdo rev A. She looked at me like I was an idiot, probably because she was the manager of the mobile department. lol.

10. C_Dub

C_Dub Well-Known Member

Good god that's horrible.

The Dorian likes this.
  11. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure the epic is shipping with a flash, and a front facing camera. Still the EVO is a better phone because of one word....Samsung!

12. Cobravision

Cobravision Well-Known Member

I don't know about the notification light, but the epic has an led flash. It also has a front facing camera and only 1 gb of ROM. These specs are different from the vibrant.

13. woofermazing

woofermazing Well-Known Member

That's pretty bad, I had a similar experience while TV shopping at BB.
    "Oh yea, this one is 120hz and 1080p."
    "No it's not, it says right here 60hz, 720p."

14. pwnst*r

pwnst*r Well-Known Member

And that's a problem?

15. Yankees368

Yankees368 Well-Known Member

Interesting. I figured it would be like the 2 Galaxy S class phones on AT&T and Tmo, both of which don't have an LED flash or notification light.

16. MrX8503

MrX8503 Well-Known Member

They key differences are:

Keyboard
    4" Super AMOLED
    Hummingbird
    Samsung
    No HDMI

If those key differences matter to you than its a matter of opinion. I don't see how the salesman was wrong at all. It was just his opinion that the Samsung is a better phone.

17. wase4711

wase4711 Well-Known Member

now, everyone, hold hands and say this over and over again...
    "I will use my OWN brain, and decide what I think is the best(phone, car, tv, shoes, etc) for me"..

The odds of finding an impartial salesperson in any electronics store is very very slim, so you need to do your homework BEFORE you go out to buy these things...

18. Caloy

Caloy Well-Known Member

I would love to get the Epic, but not until I know that Samsung has already improved their extended customer service. I don't like to be left out of the dark with issues that they won't even try to resolve in the long run.

19. RichboyJhae

RichboyJhae Well-Known Member

Lol I honestly couldn't imagine having another phone without a kickstand. It's so awesome.

The Dorian likes this.
  20. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

If only there were a 5 page thread floating around with hundreds of posts and about 9000 views comparing the Evo and the Epic that would show up basically all of the time on the first page of the forum.... gosh - that'd be swell. lol

And fwiw - it's looking like the Epic is shaping up to be WifelyMon's next phone.

Variety is a good thing in the phone ecosphere.

When I was younger, I heard that one man's meat is another man's poison, but from a lot of what I read I guess that that's probably not true anymore, and maybe we should all agree all of the time.

It seems to me that a lot of people just have a dying need to be right.

I don't stand a chance. I'm often wrong. In fact, this entire post might be wrong - I wouldn't know.

I wonder if a clerk would know for me?

ocnbrze and CriticalCritic like this.
  21. effluent

effluent Well-Known Member

Same here, I'm gonna be ticked if come upgrade time there aren't any new phones with kickstands. Haven't seen any since the EVO was released.

22. The Tick077

The Tick077 Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, but I can't let this slide. You make a post about a phone that you obviously know very little about - by your own admission. Even though you knowingly know (kinda wordy) very little, you state two (incorrect) reasons as to why not to purchse the phone. I for one am undecided as to the evo and the epic. I am going to wait till the epic is released and see which one feels better in my hands. So I have done alot of research on both phones. Epic does have a flash, FFC, and notification lights.[/rant]

To the OP: For some it may be the better phone. Without overhearing the entire conversation, you don't know if the customer said that one of the things he is going to do with it is compose long emails, or really like the physical keyboard and 3d graphics for gaming. Who knows! My point is that everyone is different, and there is a reason there is more than one style of phone floating around out there.

One thing I hear over and over is that Samsung has no support or is bad at updating thier os. I wonder what the reason for this rep is. Maybe I haven't been around long enough to remember when they failed, but didn't they update the moment (which was released after the hero) before HTC updated the hero? Also being that this is a worldwide release for this line of phones, I would be willing to bet they will support it heavily. And I am seriously asking where they got the bad rep from - would love to hear!

23. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Fine - just use google - the truth is out there: Epic 4G Not As Good!

SolApathy and djkleric like this.
  24. djkleric

djkleric Well-Known Member

^ hehe

25. Rico college

Rico college Well-Known Member

the Epic does look nice, but I will have to hear some real world reviews first. The phone looks real flimsy to me, with that sliding out keyboard. No hard case for that bad boy, just holsters, I guess.