• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

So im buying a new phone....

omgbossis21

Android Enthusiast
May 1, 2011
Its finally time to upgrade from my optimus m phone I've had for years now. Im really interested in the esteem but the lg motion has caught my interest. The motion really flys but the screen is 3.5 (which is still bigger than my om at 3.2). I know theirs no root/roms for the motion or anything. Also doesnt seem like the esteem overclocks very high? Maybe I should wait for their newer phones to come out I dunno.... Any thoughts...

Its finally time to upgrade from my optimus m phone I've had for years now. Im really interested in the esteem but the lg motion has caught my interest. The motion really flys but the screen is 3.5 (which is still bigger than my om at 3.2). I know theirs no root/roms for the motion or anything. Also doesnt seem like the esteem overclocks very high? Maybe I should wait for their newer phones to come out I dunno.... Any thoughts...

The esteem Is a very good phone. But it's very outdated now. The lg motion is cheap, very fast, good battery, has ics, and did I mention it was cheap? :)

Upvote 0

Yes if $ is a factor go for the motion. But the esteem is very good.(screen size alone) plus root, roms and a very dedicated dev community.

My esteem can over clock to 2 ghz and run fine
Others can go as high as 2.2ghz using the plague kernal.

Upvote 0
like mentoined before if money is an issue get the motion i sold my esteem fir 250 and got the motion im not regretting it even thought there is no root yet you can uninstall and disable most of the bloat. the screen is smaller but stock battery is great i think and it charges fully in less than an hour plus it has ics. but if your into bigger screens and have money to burn than hold out for the gs3

Upvote 0

We got Root last night yippee. Guys are working over there. Cant touch Esteemers (yet).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones