So im downloading a software update...General

1. Keynith

Keynith Well-Known Member

Clicked check for update a few times, then now when i go back to about phone/software update, it says download in progress. yayy

Advertisement
  2. iolpiolp8

iolpiolp8 Member

Awesome! Let us know what the update is :D Hopefully we got some ICS coming our way
  3. fatdaddysnacks

fatdaddysnacks Well-Known Member

hopefully. he ain't pulling our legs. and its really getting updated i been trying for the past week and half. but he's been updating for awhile so maybe well hear from him soon again
  4. iolpiolp8

iolpiolp8 Member

Lol, I've been trying for the last month basically. Lately its just been the updates error. unrooting my phone now, gonna try again in a min
  5. fatdaddysnacks

unless he's talking about this
    [​IMG]http://[/IMG]
  6. fatdaddysnacks

7. fatdaddysnacks

[​IMG][/IMG]
  8. fatdaddysnacks

hmm my pictures aren't working but if you back out while its checking for update the go back to try it says download already in progress
  9. Keynith

Keynith Well-Known Member

It says im out of memory so it stopped. Im gunna repartition my sdcard and move stuff on it and try again
  10. fatdaddysnacks

I'm on stock lucid no root and i get the error
  11. blumeany

blumeany Well-Known Member

Saw a report of other LG users downloading an 'update' (different model phones though). They said that all it did was change the date on their software. No upgrade. Tried doing a manual update this morning, and it allowed me to advance a little, but then said my software is up to date. Odd thing I noticed is that when it's running through the setup, it checks the phone software, THEN checks my phone number, THEN it says that I have the right version. So I'm wondering if that would factor into the update working at all. Even tried pulling my sim card and doing the update, but I didn't even get to the updating screen doing that.
  12. jhcii

jhcii Well-Known Member

Mine does that whenever I use the LG update tool. I was getting a different error message for awhile today - they were telling me that my update failed and to go to settings/software update and press check for updates again in awhile. or something like that, I just remember it kept telling me to go to settings/software update and press check for updates. Now it's back to the standard a download error occured for your software update, try again later. Now if I hit info i get the current firmware version then source, then that failed update, then when it checked, and software update from Verizon Wireless version 6.3......Go figure.....
  13. mrryanthai

mrryanthai Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Still getting error :(
  14. iolpiolp8

iolpiolp8 Member

Yeah, no changes here, still just software update error. Hopefully something will change soon. I'm getting antsy!
  15. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

Maybe I can help? I know a few ways to flash firmware manually.
  16. mrryanthai

How?
  17. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

First you will have to download the firmware manually. For that you need a serial number, which you have, I don't.then use the LG KDZ program to flash it. If the firmware is a cab, you must convert it to kdz with uptestex.
  18. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

19. mrryanthai

Only have one phone :/,so I can't attempt this,would anyone like to try?
  20. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

You could still try to help and find a way into e-mode ;) just pull battery to get out.

Edit: emergency mode is aka download mode
  21. jhcii

jhcii Well-Known Member

The problem is we are already at version ZV6 - we are waiting for the upgrade to ICS or JB as we were promised when they released the phone. It seems the software update is on the servers but refuses to be downloaded (blocked maybe). The ole "there may be a problem with the towers" doesn't cut it with me, I travel all over the state of Ga and have tried all over from Atlanta to mid Ga to Savannah to Valdosta area - always getting the same message, so the towers thing would mean they are having problems with all their towers???? I highly doubt it, especially those in Atlanta, come on really??? They are probably releasing it slowly to a few to see if there are any problems before the mass roll out, or the server with the update has problems. Now if we only had the web address it checks for the update at our disposal we might be able to get it manually......
  22. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

Ohhhh, this is an OTA update....yea those suck.
  23. mrryanthai

I will give it a try sometime tomorrow/this weekend if possible.Got a midterm to study for.I should be getting a cheap phone(Pantech Breakout) tomorrow and use my Lucid for backup.So I'll see what I can do :)
  24. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

It's an OTA update, so this would not be the update firmware...
  25. mrryanthai

Like I said,I'll try my best to get on it asap