So I'm not lurking... :)

Last Updated:

1. creativechops

creativechops New Member This Topic's Starter

Hey everybody,

Just wanted to introduce myself. I am a Verizon wireless customer who is trying to decide what to do with my smart phone options coming up this summer. BTW, any and all suggestions/opinions/experience/etc. is more than welcome.

I work in feature film/graphics industry and use Apple computers exclusively, so my first instinct is wanting an iPhone. But, I also use Google docs, gmail and calendar for everything as well, which led me to researching Android, which led me to this forum.

So, this is where I am right now. After playing with a Motorola Droid for a bit, I definitely am waiting on the next round of smart phones. My "New every two" with Verizon just came around Monday. I've heard mixed reviews on the Nexus One, and apparently they don't have them in stores b/c of being sold only online through Google... So, there is probably no way I pull the trigger on that, unless they have a floor model at Verizon that I can play with. I could switch to AT&T, and considered it, but I have heard the horror stories, and have been happy with Verizon service for 8 years now. So, my fingers are crossed that there will be a Verizon iPhone this summer/fall, but I may not have the patience to wait that long, or if the right phone presents itself, I'll give it a shot and see what happens.

I have been reading about the HTC Incredible and I may have snuck a peek at the manual pdf :) Looks pretty awesome, with an announced release date of April 29th I think? At this juncture, I still would rather have an iphone, but I can definitely be swayed with better hardware/my carrier/etc. Love Apple products, but I'm not a fan boy -- and I grew up on PC products, and have always had my issues with them. (But haven't given Windows 7 a try yet)...

So, that's where I am in my smartphone journey. And I can't wait to see which way I decide to go, as almost ANYTHING would be better than my LG Voyager at the moment. :) If you guys have any input, important dates I should wait for, etc, please let me know.

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

Welcome to the forum, hope we can show why android > iPhone ;)

3. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

4. bigdroid

bigdroid Well-Known Member

Welcome to Android Forums!! :)

5. creativechops

creativechops New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks guys... I really look forward to the HTC Incredible release with Verizon on the 29th. I may pull the trigger after getting some time in the saddle with it, and say forget this waiting and wishing for iphone on Verizon for a while.

6. Trident

Trident VIP Member VIP Member

Welcome to Android Forums! :D
    If you have any questions, feel free to send me a PM!