So...is FROYO worth it?

Last Updated:

1. headbanger51

headbanger51 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

OK...I realize that there was a poll done about two weeks ago on this from someone else. But I'm asking again since it's been a few weeks and the devs have done (hopefully) a lot to iron out the bugs (I saw some familiar faces having trouble with wifi).
    So, same question...is it worth it to update to froyo if I'm content with my current ROM (NexBeast...and the only reason I want to upgrade to froyo is so I can "update all" with the app updates)? Or are there still enough bugs to make it not worth it for a casual ROM flasher like myself?

Advertisement
  2. PennState

PennState Active Member

I'm pretty casual and I'm running Kangerade 1.1 and it has virtually no bugs for me. Maybe I'm just lucky, but I think the apps have gotten pretty stable and any bugs that do exist have fairly simple work arounds.

3. SinfulDragon

SinfulDragon Well-Known Member

I'm enjoying the many many little things that froyo brings to the table. its stable and worth it hands down. I have removed all backups that pertained to 2.1

4. GirLuvsDroid

GirLuvsDroid Well-Known Member

Same here! I can't imagine ever going back to 2.1. There are just too many wonderful little goodies in Froyo.

5. schimm

schimm Well-Known Member

I rooted for the first time a couple of weeks ago. Kangerade 1.0 and haven't found a need to upgrade to 1.1. The first thing I noticed was speed.....about 3.5 times faster than the stock Droid according to Quadrant and the Kang kernal I'm using is stock. Froyo worth it just for speed

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

6. Fadelight

Fadelight Well-Known Member

I wouldn't go back to 2.1 for anything. Yes, 2.2 is well worth it, and it is getting better with every new release that comes out!

7. sukanas

sukanas Well-Known Member

yes, BB.3 is a huge improvement.

8. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

So...is FROYO worth it?

I won't EVER go back to 2.1. I just can't wait for the official release ... or more importantly, custom ROMs based off of the official release. :cool:

9. gwlaw99

gwlaw99 Well-Known Member

For me the Maket features alone are worth it.

10. Scooter70

Scooter70 Well-Known Member

The only thing that's going to be disappointing about upgrading to the Droid X is having to go back to 2.1 (at least until someone roots it or VZW/Motorola sends out the OTA).

11. headbanger51

headbanger51 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Cool...thanks for the replies. So I guess it's unanimous. I'll root froyo this weekend.