• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help So is Verizon gonna fix all these issues??

jgreen0227

Aug 17, 2010
I mean come on...2.1 ran way smoother than this piece of crap. This is just not acceptable. We wait this long and get all excited for this? Gallery is crap, music skips at the beginning of songs, commas are at the top of the keyboard, phone randomly locks. My phone never locked up once with 2.1. Is someone telling Verizon all these flaws?

I have called both Verizon and Motorola several time in the last 2 days about many of my issues. I always get switched to Level 2 Tech Support. Their response is always the same - "We've never heard about that problem." I asked them if they read their message boards because all of these items are listed there. They never have an answer.

I have had the phone for about 6 weeks. My experience has been that the Tech Support from both Verizon & Motorola is poor. In all most all of my conversations, the Techs are not very knowledgeable about the phone and most have never actually used a Droid X.

I am not optimistic that some of these issues will be fixed anytime soon. People talk about the "openness" and "flexibility" of the Android platform as being a benefit. We are now experiencing the downside of the platform.

Upvote 0
People talk about the "openness" and "flexibility" of the Android platform as being a benefit. We are now experiencing the downside of the platform.

I totally agree. Apple has one phone to write code for and that makes it really easy. Google has too many phones out with to much openness to it's OS and not as stringent requirements on the apps as Apple does. I find that the apps I use the most, Email, Facebook, and a weather app like The Weather Channel, all stink in comparison to what Apple has to offer. How hard can it be to have an INCLUDED Inbox for all your email accounts? I have 6 different ones I check regularly (2 Gmail, 2 Yahoo, and two Roadrunner) and I hate that I have to use both Gmail and the other included Inbox. I've tried K9 but didn't really care for it as the push email didn't seem to get there as quickly as it should. Yes I know this is supposedly a problem at the server end, but the server end seemed to be having too many problems to often! :rolleyes: With the weather channel app the closest the GPS can typically come to me is 200-300 yards and sometimes as far as 2-3 MILES away! Totally unexceptable when traveling out of town and not knowing exactly where you are. The Google Maps program pinpoints my location within 50-60 feet. And Facebook, there's already volumes written about how crappy that app is.

I don't root my phone, just run a stock phone with LauncherPro on it and I love the layout. I love the customization and control I have over stuff versus my old iPhone. I just wish the software worked as SMOOTHLY as my old phone did. If it did I would swear by this thing! I don't have any issues with 2.2 other than my lock screen being a smidgen slow in opening, but that's something I can live with. I'm sure hoping that Gingerbread knocks one out of the park!

Upvote 0
I totally agree. Apple has one phone to write code for and that makes it really easy. Google has too many phones out with to much openness to it's OS and not as stringent requirements on the apps as Apple does. I find that the apps I use the most, Email, Facebook, and a weather app like The Weather Channel, all stink in comparison to what Apple has to offer. How hard can it be to have an INCLUDED Inbox for all your email accounts? I have 6 different ones I check regularly (2 Gmail, 2 Yahoo, and two Roadrunner) and I hate that I have to use both Gmail and the other included Inbox. I've tried K9 but didn't really care for it as the push email didn't seem to get there as quickly as it should. Yes I know this is supposedly a problem at the server end, but the server end seemed to be having too many problems to often! :rolleyes: With the weather channel app the closest the GPS can typically come to me is 200-300 yards and sometimes as far as 2-3 MILES away! Totally unexceptable when traveling out of town and not knowing exactly where you are. The Google Maps program pinpoints my location within 50-60 feet. And Facebook, there's already volumes written about how crappy that app is.

I don't root my phone, just run a stock phone with LauncherPro on it and I love the layout. I love the customization and control I have over stuff versus my old iPhone. I just wish the software worked as SMOOTHLY as my old phone did. If it did I would swear by this thing! I don't have any issues with 2.2 other than my lock screen being a smidgen slow in opening, but that's something I can live with. I'm sure hoping that Gingerbread knocks one out of the park!

I'm not trying to be snide here but if a weather application gives you weather data that is within a few miles of your location that is an incredibly accurate app, considering most weather forcasts are only specific by town. I can't understand why you have a problem with a weather app because it doesn't identify your location to the foot. I would say it doesn't need to. And as far as application quaility goes that has nothing to do with Android or Google, that is a show on the developers talent/dedication or lack-there-of. Personally I would say it is better to have a lot of good apps and a few crappy ones as opposed to Apple which censors its app market to only include things it approves of, even if they are good useful apps. Case in point Google Voice. This app works great and adds a whole new dimension to cell phones, but Apple blocks it from their app store. Why? Because they don't like it, and if you do, tough crap. I think it is better to have free choice, even if some choices are low quality then to be able to select only high quality apps that are controlled and censored by Apple.

But that's just me. And again not trying to be rude. And if I misunderstood your post please correct me.

Upvote 0
How hard can it be to have an INCLUDED Inbox for all your email accounts? I have 6 different ones I check regularly (2 Gmail, 2 Yahoo, and two Roadrunner) and I hate that I have to use both Gmail and the other included Inbox.

You don't. Just put the Gmail ActiveSync account settings as a new email account in your stock inbox.

With the weather channel app the closest the GPS can typically come to me is 200-300 yards and sometimes as far as 2-3 MILES away!

WHAT? Do you think the weather is different 300 yards away, or even 2 miles away?

And Facebook, there's already volumes written about how crappy that app is.

No argument there.

Not trying to bicker, just letting you know you can check your Gmail as a standard email account, and you certainly don't need 50-60 ft. accuracy in your weather application, I have no idea why that would be a complaint as long as Maps gets it right.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones