• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

So it Finally Happened.

So after 4 months of treating my Phone like a baby, Being Very gentle, Very careful, Not letting my friends touch it. New Years Eve I had my HTC Desire in my pocket, My Best Friend thought it would be funny to push me off my chair, I fell off we all laughed, I stood up and felt a sharp pain on my Hip. I pulled my phone out and there it was, The LCD had Cracked.

I was so Angry at first, but thankfully she offered to pay for it. I am using my Old Nokia 6300 and I miss my HTC so much.

Anyone have any amusing or horrifying stories of their Phones being Broken?

I am from Australia so it cost $170 AUD, so I think that is rather good. It was in my Side pocket in my Jeans, I fell backwards but tried to turn and roll for some weird reason and fell directly on my side.
And my God you are right, Those old Nokia's are Tough! I worked at a Furniture Warehouse where I once was on a top rack, about 30 foot of the ground, Leant a little too far and my phone fell out, Plummeted to the ground and bounced but oddly survived with no scratches or any signs of damage.

Upvote 0
When I was younger, a friend and I were standing 10m apart throwing his Nokia to each other above concrete. Those old Nokias were extremely tough ^_^

Yup. I used to use a Nokia N97. Although my drop was only about 4 feet, it had a big scare because I broke into 3 pieces. I was in a dark room and when I turned on the light, I was so relieved that one piece was the back cover, the second was the battery and the third was the rest of the phone intact. It still worked without any issues other than a slight dent.

Upvote 0
Sorry to bring up an Old Thread but I didn't want to make a new one :p

I finally got my phone back after waiting several day's for it, Now this has Really Pissed me off. I am taking it back tomorrow already for two reasons.
1. The younger guy who was fixing it (The on I do not Trust, At all, Whatsoever) told me that it had water damage, I've had the phone a total of three weeks and it has Almost never left my pocket outside unless I am calling, Or when I am at home.
2. My Flash on it doesn't work, I've tried the camera AND the actual Flashlight App.

So I payed $160 AUD, For someone to lie to me about it being more damaged than it is AND not fixing it 100%. I beleive I shall get my money back for that one.

Upvote 0
Well I took it to a Friend who works for Telstra (Australia's largest TelCo, Like the US's AT&T).

He said there was 0% Water Damage and that he has NEVER seen a HTC like mine so Clean.
I wipe it down with a special blend of Chemicals, One for the Screen and one For phone itself. Works wonders :)

I am actually quite surprised by the amount of Positive feedback and general all round niceness of the Community here. It's a nice change.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones