So it only comes in Black?

Last Updated:

1. jonorjonathan

jonorjonathan Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

There were rumors before the may 12th event that there would be a white version of the evo... there were even prototypes with white backs but it appears that the evo is only coming in black?

I asked a chat representative on sprint.com and she only said "i cannot commit on the subject". Anyone else hopeful that a white version might show it's face (or back for that matter) before june 4th? Should I just accept the fact that it will be black and remind myself how little the color actually matters?

Either way... can't wait to get my evo!!!

Advertisement
  2. ImmaSlave4U

ImmaSlave4U Well-Known Member

The white EVO rumors were mostly milled by "Jackson", if I remember correctly -- I was only a lurker then. Much of what he said turned out to be flat out wrong.

neodorian, mrk and ilaofficial like this.
  3. robg2008

robg2008 Well-Known Member

i doubt htc is planning on making the evo in white ever.
    didnt happen with the incredible or the hd2 i dont see it happening with our phone.

4. Outrigger

Outrigger Well-Known Member

I believe the white was only a prototype where it prints supersonic on the back. prototype doesn't = production.

5. tkrechel

tkrechel Well-Known Member

heh yeah another jackson thing. God I'm so glad he's gone!

neodorian and ilaofficial like this.
  6. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

you know, you guys who keep bashing jackson are kinda overdoing it... he did get the release date AND the price right... imo the two biggest things, he was INVITED to this forum because of his insider info, he has had info on alot of phones besides this one and they have all turned out true... as much as you disklike him simply because "it's what the crowd is doing" is getting really old, can we all just move along now?

to answer the OP, yes only black, the white was production

drksilenc, ekt8750, hopalee and 6 others like this.
  7. legacy

legacy Well-Known Member

I wouldn't completely rule it out even though I think it's unlikely. Don't think there will be one at launch, but if we don't see one closer to Christmas, I doubt we will see one at all.

8. acp

acp Well-Known Member

ohhhhhhhh yahhhhh I completely forgot about the HTC Supersonic white version....and I agree with Covert, Jackson definitely seemed to have inside information, it's your responsibility to take all "insider" information with a grain of salt. the $10 increase) was probably not anything a phone developer would be privy to, so I don't think you can fault Jackson for that one. I remember Sprint's Supersonic forum losing momentum and then all of a sudden Jackson came along and started all the hype again, if it wasn't for him I probably would've stopped looking into this phone back in Jan-Feb.

Covert_Death likes this.
  9. Leodoc

Leodoc Well-Known Member

Say what you will about Jackson's "insider" info. The vast majority of the crap that he spewed in the last month was either: 1. Information you could find on google or 2. Information that couldn't be found on google but flat out WRONG. His list of idiot statements is staggering...

10. katmandoo122

katmandoo122 Well-Known Member

No...you can have it in any color you want, as long as it's black.

Henry Ford Quotes

:D:D:D

11. ilaofficial

ilaofficial Well-Known Member

Jackson is a pos he got the dates wrong and said the internal memory was going to be much bigger than the incredible and also mentioned it would come in different colors. Wrong on all accounts so how did this dude help us?

mrk likes this.
  12. dandm4life

dandm4life Well-Known Member

Yea, dates were wrong and i guessed the price as 199 the day I heard about the phone. It's a common price for a non-world smart phone. Does this make me a prophet?

13. Ilya

Ilya Well-Known Member

You people are like children.

STFU and carry on with your lives.

Boohoo...Jackson said some stuff incorrectly or was wrong. It's your choice to believe him. Fooled you once? Shame on you. Fooled you again? Shame on you again. We call those kinds of moments ID10T's in my industry.

Cry me a river, build a bridge, and get over it...saddle bags.

14. jonorjonathan

hey guys, can we focus on the topic of this post please?

legacy likes this.
  15. d33170

d33170 Member

When I pre-ordered the HTC Evo through the EVP website, it was listed as "HTC Evo 4G Black" which gives me the impression that they may have another color coming out later in the future..

jonorjonathan likes this.
  16. jonorjonathan

that's very interesting! do they state the color for all phones? like for instance does the sprint hero have "HTC Hero Silver"? I'm not going to wait past June 4th to see if there are other color options but maybe Sprint could still surprise us in the next few weeks.

17. SoFLO

SoFLO Guest

18. d33170

d33170 Member

No, I've noticed on the website they only indicate the color only if there's more than one. For instance Blackberry Curve has red, black, or purple. And like the HTC Touch Pro 2, it doesn't show a color since there's only one.

19. ilaofficial

Nuthugger which Jackson dickryder are you? Lol

20. twospirits

twospirits AF's janitor Moderator

Consider this your one and only warning folks, keep it on topic and no more jackson bashing or you will get a quick boarding pass to Banlandia.

TS out

drksilenc, ekt8750, jacker and 4 others like this.
  21. Ilya

Ilya Well-Known Member

Let's act our age, not our shoe size. Shall we? Grow up kid. It's life. People are wrong all the time, even when they think they are right (you should know). If you can't handle it, step away from this forum. No one will miss you and your whiny ass complaining. Okay kiddo?

Thank you.

Anyway...I wish they'd make a white one. I kinda want to differentiate mine from my brothers, but perhaps if I see those cases in person (that Rob had in his review) and they aren't too bulky I'll just get one of those.

22. jonorjonathan

i'll probably just get a white case as well. i am concerned that it will be too bulky though, it's already a large phone and i wear skinny jeans! guess i'll decide when i see it in person.

23. ilaofficial

the kid you have a picture of a drawn out car on your Avatar LOL Kiddo please...

24. njbianco

njbianco Well-Known Member

25. twospirits

twospirits AF's janitor Moderator

Well regardless if they make a white one down the line, I will probably get one of the gell like protectors in white. I have one on my Hero and have gotten used to it. I can't see the EVO being so naked and vulnerable to scratches.

TS out