So it was easy to choose Milestone and then Desire pops upGeneral

Last Updated:

1. TimGuyUK

TimGuyUK Member This Topic's Starter

May 12, 2010
    I have to admit Android passed me by, I wrote it off as a nothing, sticking with my trusty HTC MS Mobile phone not wanting to join the luvvies with their Iphones.

The HTC started to creek, I could type out a txt before the b@stard thing had even gone from sms list to new txt window. It had to go.

I found the milestone, looked into it and bu@@er me, this Android malarkey ant all that bad after all.

And then.. The pesky Desire came along..

Now I'm posting this on the Milestone list purely because that is still my number one choice. Keyboard, no brainer, Its what kept me with the HTC so long.

Sooo. Am I missing out if I went for the 4 month old 550Mhz Milestone over a 1Ghz spanky new phone? We're talking twice the power here? But is that not the whole picture.

Does the Milestone run as quick as the Desire or is it obvious its a lower processor.

Or with current versions of Android does it not matter? Maybe 1Ghz will come into play in 6 months time when 2.x or 3.x comes out? Will the Milestone become un-upgradeable? and thats where 1Ghz comes in.

Anything else the Desire can do, and do faster than the Milestone?

Help me guys. The logical step up to the Milestone is now been confused.

2. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2010
    Desire is faster, that I know for sure. Is it 2x times faster? No.

Is it worth giving away the keyboard and great build quality of the Milestone to get the toyish Desire? To me - HELL NO!!!

I have had the Milestone for 4 months now and have had a lot of time with Desire.