So it's been 7 months since I bought my Droid

Last Updated:

1. caustic

caustic Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

And my battery is still in great condition. I listened to music on it last night, did a bit of fiddling with it, left it on my desk for close to 16 hours, and the battery is at 90%

I don't have any big connectivity apps running, as that runs it down much faster, but it's been giving me e-mail and such with its usual efficiency. Just proudly talking about how awesome my Droid is still.

So then, it's been 7ish months since a lot of you got your Droids, are they mostly still as awesome as mine?

Advertisement
  2. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

Bought mine on Nov 6 2009 and am thrilled with it. It's better than ever! No desire to change phones, no matter if it's Droid 2, Droid 3, etc. This is the most amazing device I have ever owned, and it just keeps getting better and better.

Glad you're lovin' your Droid too!

3. Rodeojones

Rodeojones Well-Known Member

While I don't have the battery life you have, I am still in love with my phone. On Wednesday it will be 6 months since I got my Droid. Like The_Chief, I have no desire for any other phone. My rooted Droid is awesome!

4. PhilosoRaptor

PhilosoRaptor Well-Known Member

For the most part I'm still incredibly pleased with the phone. Since putting 2.2 on it, it seems my battery life has decreased a little though. I've been using Chevy's LV kernels since 2.1 (which is when I had the best battery life with NexBeast). I'm not sure what's going on differently to decrease my battery life. It's still decent, but with 2.1, I was going through the whole work day with moderate texing/Gtalk and would get home with 70% left. Now it's down to around 50%. Spare parts says "1013" is using most of my battery and I'm not sure what that is. I'm guessing (along with what I can find on Google) it's some background Android process that I can't stop.

I highly doubt the battery is losing it's life yet. Lithium-Ion batteries are good for at least 18 months before their life starts getting noticeably lower (depending on how many charge cycles they've been through).

The only improvement I want on the Droid is more RAM. 256 MBs just doesn't seem enough to me for all the stuff I run on it sometimes. While I was driving home on a long trip, I had navigation (huge memory hog itself), Pandora (another hog), Instamapper (GPS tracking app), and a couple other things I can't remember. It was actually quick switching between apps (with long press on home key), but if I hit the home key to go to the launcher, damn, it would take at least 15-20 secs before I could attempt to change home screens or click on an icon (before it would actually respond). It seems impossible for the launcher to stay in memory on Droid in the first place (you would think it would get the highest priority since it's the most launched item). Also, since 2.2, my battery life seems to skip an increment sometimes. I've seen it go from 70% to 50% instantly at least a few times.. :confused:.

OT question: does anyone know what temp the battery has to get to before it forces a reboot of the phone? Mine just randomly re-booted for the first time since I put 2.2 on it on my drive back home while navigating (when it pisses me off the most). So when I got back to the home screen, the SetCPU widget said my battery was at like 52

5. gwlaw99

gwlaw99 Well-Known Member

Well apps2SD will be standard on 2.2. For now try long pressing on an app in Titaniaum backup and click the move to SD card popup.

I still love my droid although I am lusting over the EVO 4.3 inch screen (Droid X just seems too big overall) What is so amazing is that there is nothing that any other Android phone can run that the Droid can't. Unlike Eris owners that can't, for example, run advanced 3d games well.

6. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

7. CyberPitz

CyberPitz Well-Known Member

I got mine in early January. From start to finish this phone has impressed me every day. Through the apps I find to the way the phone just feels. I came from a BlackBerry Storm, which was a POS in general.

I'd have to say I have absolutely NO regrets with this phone.

8. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

I got my DROID the second week of November. It has changed my life, for the better. :) Loving it more & more ... especially since Froyo. :cool:

9. RossLH

RossLH Active Member

Had my Droid since the day it hit the market, and I've loved every day of it. Well, except for when the phone bill hits my account.:p

10. riffdex

riffdex Well-Known Member

Had mine for about 5 months myself. Seems like it's basically in perfect condition, battery lasts as long as ever and everything. I really don't know how some people treat their phones that they don't even last a few months. o_O

11. YankeeDudeL

YankeeDudeL Well-Known Member

I'm another guy that got their Droid on Day 1 and has no desire for any other phone. And battery life has only improved for me. I get better battery life now (and I'm on 2.2) then I did when I first got it. I love this thing.

12. riffdex

riffdex Well-Known Member

Vouch about the battery life. Mine has only gotten better over time. According to Apple, our flash enabled phones should last 5 minutes before dying d:

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk