• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

So long, and thanks for all the fish

lanceg

Jun 7, 2011
Well, looks like I was wrong about the battery being the problem with the charging port. Mine just went totally kaput, and my device is now completely unable to charge.

I'm going to pick up an external charger from Radio shack tommorow to limp me along until I get a new device. If I can find another Triumph and keep my $25 plan I will, if not, well, it's been fun!!

Nope, no insurance.

I can tell from working on it more that if you have charging problems, it's not the solder connections on the motherboard, they are very solid. It's the pins inside the port. They are very thin (ultra cheapo port) and over time will tihnk out even more and/or press deeper into the plastic. I broke the plastic off and managed to free the pins and actually got the phone to charge again, before a pin broke and now it's toast. If you have micro soldering equipment (I don't) you should be able to buy a new mini USB port and solder it in for a fix.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones