1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

So many apps but really......

1. Evil Sports

Evil Sports Well-Known Member

How many of them are really of use to you. I looked through them and most of them seem like trash. What are the Must have apps besides handcent and app killer. We really need an Auto On/Off app like berry had

Advertisement
  2. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

auto on-off app?

i use and enjoy greatly
    handcent
    advanced task manager
    slacker radio
    dolphin browser
    twidroid
    quick profiles - profiles app like bb had
    astro file manager - better way to browse your cards/memory
    backgrounds nice app for wallpapers
    meebo im - all in one IM cleint
    cinema - adds codecs for various video playback

then i have various games and stuff too
  3. Most of the apps just like most of the apps in the Apple store are garbage.
  4. Needsdecaf

Needsdecaf Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tip on the Astro file manager and the dolphin browser!!! The Dolphin browser is SO much better than the included one!!!

Hi AIM - nice, and I only use AIM.

The Weather Channel - more detailed than included weather app.

BBC News
    NY Times
    SportsTap - meh, not so hot on this one.
    Food Network :)

Profiles by egg 'n stone (may try your quick profiles one)

UPS and FedEX tracker.
  5. I've been playing with quite a few apps on my new Eris, but one that I am absolutely in LOVE with is Ringdroid. It is amazing how easy it is to take a song you have on your memory card and clip it down into a 30-second ringtone, or a shorter alert tone. The app gives you awesome control on where exactly the "clip" starts and ends.

The only thing I wish it let you do was make the clip fade-in and fade-out, which you can do with apps on the PC (Audacity, for example)... but not a huge deal.
  6. Oh, and another one that impressed me was the Amazon app. The Amazon app lets you take a photo of barcodes and it will find the product. Yeah I know there are other apps that do that (ShopSavvy is a great one)... but the Amazon app has another really cool feature: Take a picture of the product itself, and it will find it!

I dunno how exactly this voodoo works (heh), but I took a photo of the front of a book at Target last night, sent it to Amazon, and almost immediately it responded back and told me all the details of the book, sellers, prices, etc.

Pretty neat :)
  7. Caddyman

yeah i had that app on my BB, it is cool, it actually found a xbox 360 controller when i took a pic of it....
  8. klynn

klynn New Member

I'm having trouble finding some of the apps I've seen on AndLib.com in the Android Market. Does the Market limit the apps you can see since the Eris is on 1.5?
  9. Caddyman

i believe the market is "smart" in that way.....yes.

a lot of posts i read point that way anyway, some droid users can't find apps i use, i cant find apps they use, etc...

what app are you looking for?
  10. klynn

klynn New Member

Specifically looking for one called Mobisle Notes. Also wanted to check out Tag-To-Do List
  11. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

You can try scanning the barcode on Androlib and it should take you right to the app in the market. I have a friend that finds most of his apps this way.
  12. klynn

klynn New Member

cool--how do I scan the barcode?
  13. Caddyman

download a bar scanner app, i use "barcode scanner"
  14. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

What a clever name for such an app.;)
  15. Caddyman

i know right ;)
  16. klynn

klynn New Member

Thanks! couldn't find the app in the store still but the barcode scanner's pretty cool!
  17. Nate

Nate Active Member

Hey Caddy..

With all those applications, particularly Advanced Task Manager, how well does your battery hold up?

Also, do you have a lot of memory left?
  18. Caddyman

Everything seems fine to me. I hold a charge the whole day and don't really lag ever.
  19. bbrad

bbrad Well-Known Member

Caddyman, where did you get Quick Profiles. I don't see it in the market. Did you download from a web site.
  20. froogloid

froogloid Member

Give the app Key Ring Reward Cards a try... it uses a barcode scanner to recreate a digital copy of all of your membership/reward cards. Best part, it's 100% free. Of course I'm little biased considering I designed it ;) If you're looking for a location manager app (i.e. and app to save locations so you can navigate to them later) give a2b a try. There's free trial version in the market. If you're into shooting cows in the 3D environment with a potato gun, try out CowPotato. Its also free for the time being.

Okay, done pluggin my apps haha. Enjoy everyone!

www.froogloid.com
  21. Caddyman

it was in the market for me, search "profiles"