• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

So much for iPhone 4's Awesome Build Quality

Wow you are a noob. In no way did i mention that sales = quality, although it does show how many people can recognize the superior product, that of which is the iPhone 4.

iPhone 4 is superior.
Proof?

Reasoning:
Retina display, highest amount of pixels in ANY mobile device
Which is BS. I can't see pixels on my old LG flip phone with a 2 inch screen and horrible resolution.
I can't see them on my Nexus.. does that mean I have a retina display???
LOL fail.
A4 chip is not only faster than Snapdragon chips but also more battery efficient
And it's also an ARM processor... I get great battery life on my phone.. I don't know where you iPhoneys get this crap, really.
iPhone 4 has the best battery of its class not to mention the THINNEST device in its class. (i wish i could say the same about the EVO 4G, which is known to have the ABSOLUTE WORST battery on the market, i'm not just talking bad, i'm talking 90's laptop bad, you would think the bulkiness and 6.0oz weight would account for SOMETHING[[guess not]])
That's just 1 phone... so are you comparing iPhones to EVOs or what?
iPhone 4 overall appeal DOMINATES (and always will) any other mobile device.
No, it does not.. Blackberries do.
So tell me android fanboys what can your phone do that the iPhone 4 can't in a more superior way?
Make phone calls.
if you want to bring 4g in the picture, not only is it a waste of money, but i also have more of a chance finding free WiFi networks :):):)then i do a WiMax network....so don't even try to bring that into the picture. Also it's based on the carrier, not the phone.
No argument there... 4G right now is a complete farce, IMHO.

In short, if you want to repeat Steve Jobs verbal diarrhea.. go for it.
It gets debunked 10 seconds after he says it.
But then again Apple invents everything these days, right?
Meh.

Upvote 0
I can just see some little kid when his parents finally buy him the new iPhone 4.

They're at the Apple store, and they're just leaving, with the kid playing with his new phone. They walk out into the parking lot and he gets so anxious he drops it. They pick it up to find, a 500 dollar invenstment gone.

The kids screaming and crying and the dad goes "You're SOL. That was what's left of my paycheck."

End of story.

Hilarious that it broke that fast though, I mean, really. Can you imagine if you dropped it on a carpeted floor and the camera cracked or something? Make your phones more durable, Apple!

Upvote 0
Dear AppleOwnz,
I am glad your phone is so superior that you have to come to
(oops, I mean create an anonymous account on after finding)
a message board in a remote corner of the internet that has nothing to do with that product and tell us all about it and how superior it is. If it were really so, you wouldn't need the attention so badly.

You really need to go outside more if:

1. You just found this message board and decided to say hello by choosing the name you picked and making your introductory post an attack.

2. You are a member of this community that lacks the intestinal fortitude to post that under your regular username and couldn't be bothered with the site policy against this practice. If it is that important to you, you really are not much more than a stain.

In either case, you need to get out more and basically suck if that is the way you get your jollies. Your actions say more about you and almost the opposite about your product. If it were so great, cowardly individuals (that is definitely the wrong word to use here) like yourself would not feel the need to defend its honor.

Enjoy your superior product. It won't help you get a life which you so desperately need.

Upvote 0
Actually Samsung has the better specs with a 4" super amoled screen and hummingbird GPU. Battery life is better than the iphone 4 and it's replaceable...Apple is still stuck in the past with that one.

once again your a noob.....super AMOLED aint got shit on the Retina display...also Hummingbird and A$ havent been put hand and hand so i dont know where you're getting your false info from....i hope you feeel safe in your box of lies.

Upvote 0
once again your a noob.....super AMOLED aint got shit on the Retina display...also Hummingbird and A$ havent been put hand and hand so i dont know where you're getting your false info from....i hope you feeel safe in your box of lies.

I've got to wonder if you are trying to make apple fans out to be idiots.

You claim the iPhone's battery hasn't even been released, and you claim it is better than all other batteries. Then you deride someone for doing the same thing with processors. And your use of the word noob...seriously, are you 12 ?

Upvote 0
I've got to wonder if you are trying to make apple fans out to be idiots.

You claim the iPhone's battery hasn't even been released, and you claim it is better than all other batteries. Then you deride someone for doing the same thing with processors. And your use of the word noob...seriously, are you 12 ?

noob the A4 chip is in the iPad. God the irony is killing me. Seriously are you 12?

Upvote 0
Dont_feed_the_troll.jpg

Upvote 0
i hope you feeel safe in your box of lies.

Here is a really good instance of irony.

Apple has consistently lied to you, and been caught. Apple likes to call the iPhone 4's display a Retina display, but it's not. Apple likes to say that the Glass is incredibly strong, but it's not. It's incredibly flexible, but not incredibly strong.

These are just the tip of the iceberg.

Heck, of all the lies that Apple has told to get you to buy their products, it's really, hilarious that you would even have the audacity to use the word lie in a discussion about Apple.

Upvote 0
i hope you feeel safe in your box of lies.

Here is a really good instance of irony.

Apple has consistently lied to you, and been caught. Apple likes to call the iPhone 4's display a Retina display, but it's not. Apple likes to say that the Glass is incredibly strong, but it's not. It's incredibly flexible, but not incredibly strong.

These are just the tip of the iceberg.

Heck, of all the lies that Apple has told to get you to buy their products, it's really, hilarious that you would even have the audacity to use the word lie in a discussion about Apple.

Upvote 0
Apple likes to call the iPhone 4's display a Retina display, but it's not.

i wouldn't say that
i mean it's just a marketing term they made up to describe the high pixel density - the term doesn't actually mean anything

i assume you mean the statement that the human eye can't distinguish individual pixels with a density that high (?)
that is a bit of a lie, but i'd let it slide - it does apply to the average person, tho' some people have better eyesight

in case you were referring to steve claiming it's the best display tech in existence...
well, what were you expecting; that he'd say "samsung couldn't make us enough oled screens so we're stuck with these" ?
of course he's gonna claim their stuff is the best, every company does that, it's called business :p

Upvote 0
i assume you mean the statement that the human eye can't distinguish individual pixels with a density that high (?)
that is a bit of a lie, but i'd let it slide - it does apply to the average person, tho' some people have better eyesight

2 things:

1) It applies to most everyone. Some people have worse eyesight, and then this applies to them.

2) I wouldn't trust a company that would lie to me.

Upvote 0
phone manufacturers don't care how the phones behave as empty shells, they test them with the internals

i'd be inclined to think the internals added quite a bit of support and made the thing harder to break
the weight shouldn't matter that much - it's not like it's gonna fall any faster

Yes, but it will have a higher terminal velocity.

Upvote 0
Has there even been any proof this pic is legit?

I don't like apple.. but, before I hop on the "OMG LOL" wagon It would be nice to know whether or not there is enough reason..

With that said.. I'm not getting one either way..

And if the "retina display" is serious.. you would think all monitors would come with minimum 200 ppi.

Upvote 0
See, the iphone 4 will be beaten by Android relatively quickly. I'll give it to you right now, it is the best phone. It won't take long for a new android device to come out with specs that blow the iphone 4 out of the water.

Oh, by the way. What's a "noob'? It's a new player, right? What game are we talking about, I'm confused...

you a noob just for posting this. i state this because you're so ignorant it seems that your "new" to life. Damn i thought i was gooing to have to state intelligent comebacks. guess not you noobs.

Upvote 0
It won't take long for a new android device to come out with specs that blow the iphone 4 out of the water.

Here's the thing, though -- Apple has never tried to compete on "specs," they market the "experience" of using their products, and if by virtue of the software or whatever, the experience of doing something is faster on an iPhone than on an Android or other device that has a faster processor on paper, I don't know that specs make a hell of a lot of difference.

Upvote 0
Here's the thing, though -- Apple has never tried to compete on "specs," they market the "experience" of using their products, and if by virtue of the software or whatever, the experience of doing something is faster on an iPhone than on an Android or other device that has a faster processor on paper, I don't know that specs make a hell of a lot of difference.

That's funny because they got that from Micro$oft.
The 'eXPerience' and guidelines that went with it. (Windows XP)

Been around a long time, have yet to see Apple go a year without borrowing or licensing things from other people to call their own.
IOS? iPhone? the Apple name itself? (LOL)

Hell, at least other companies make up their own stupid names.

Upvote 0
Been around a long time, have yet to see Apple go a year without borrowing or licensing things from other people to call their own.
IOS? iPhone? the Apple name itself? (LOL)

You can laugh at the name all you want but they got a deal from Cisco. After they licensed the iPhone name from Cisco. Cisco VPN functionality is built IN and free on their iPhone and MacOS.
I would not be surprised if they got another deal when they licensed the iOS name from Cisco this time around.

This is a make-or-break situation for some enterprise corporations that want to roll out smartphones. The lack of a Cisco VPN client is the #3 wish-list item on Google's bug/feature request lists from ALL android users world-wide. And because of this, this may be some reasons why Rim Blackberry, Apple IPhone and Windows Mobile has a bigger marketshare. I know 2 big corporations that won't allow Android phones in their company for this reason and this reason ALONE. It may not matter to you but it does matter to some people (according to the long signatures of requestees on Google's on website).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones