So much to learn, so little information given...Support

Last Updated:

1. lamond43

lamond43 New Member This Topic's Starter

ok, so I'm new to the android world and am feeling slightly overwhelmed with it all. I have a couple of questions and would love it if you could help me out.

1. ok, so this might just be part of the Australian Vodafone network, but on my new Desire HD up on the top bar where the arial bars are is an icon. It has 2 arrows 1 pointing up, on pointing down and an E above them. Does anyone know what this stands for?

2. I'm a little bit worried about the number of apps that are running... I've read a few different things regarding leaving them running or shutting them down, what would the pro's and con's of these be?

3. I've been able to download photo's off the phone once but now when I plug it in it only charges... what do I do?

4. is there anyway that I can organise the apps into folders? I just need to get used to everything and if it's all in nice neat sections it might make it easier.

I really, really appreciate your help. Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Welcome to Android Forums, lamond.

Your questions about the HTC Desire HD have been moved to that device's support forum for you.

3. Bnice

Bnice Guest

#1 you can go htc mobile guide app on your phone and it tell you what all the icon means
    #2 the way android operates,it will keep apps in memory to be use if needed.
    #3try pulling down the notification at the top and check the right setting.
    #4 i think you can get an app for that.

4. dvhttn

dvhttn Well-Known Member

If you can't get it off of your phone you can download it to your PC from here ...HTC Desire HD - User Guides ... (the User Guide that is ..). But you can also open the 'Adobe Reader' on the device and browse it on your phone.

Dave

5. jonrwg

jonrwg Well-Known Member

4) You can download either Apps Organizer or Folder Organizer in the Market. =D

6. Jaffa

Jaffa Well-Known Member

The arrows with an E at the top shows you are connected to the Edge data network rather than G = gprs H = Hsdpa, Edge is the slowest data network, the phone auto connects depending on availability