So my Incredible died.....General

Last Updated:

1. jonw757

jonw757 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I had a few issues with the phone today.. I got a phone call that went to voicemail, the light flashed that I had one but it did not show up on the screen. I then tried to call VM to no avail, it would just go back to the call history. So I pulled the battery, worked fine. I then tried to turn the wireless on and it would just sit there at the turning on state. Ok ill listen to pandora over 3g, pulled the battery again, goes to the Verizon Wireless screen and just sits there............

I just got back from my local verizon store, they said there are none in the area and ill have to wait till they get more in stock sometime next week.. Going to call customer service now to see if they can overnight me one for monday.. This is unbelievable...

** Customer Service is sending me a new one overnight **

Advertisement
    An Druid likes this.
  2. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member

It happens, it sucks but thats just the way it is these days with electronics. Them are the breaks. I feel bad for you, but i'm not sure thats much consolation.

3. soulfetcher13

soulfetcher13 Well-Known Member

It is important to note that not all apps play well with either the os and/or the phone. If you recently downloaded apps, you can try uninstalling your apps and reading one by one until the one that's messes with your stuff.

4. nstallion

nstallion Well-Known Member

This is a good tip in general, but I think in the OP's case, he got stuck at the boot screen, which is not normally something a misbehaving app could cause.

5. soulfetcher13

soulfetcher13 Well-Known Member

Probably not, possibly a task killer could. If some of the core processes or sense was set to kill, phone confusion, boot screen lock up especially if killer is set to operate at boot up. And by operate I mean auto kill.

6. jonw757

It is before I can get into the actual OS.. So I cant tell if an app is causing the issue.

I did however leave it plugged in for the past 6 hours and when I came back it was at the normal screen. I uninstalled the last few apps although they werent anything odd to see if it helps. Still cant turn wireless on at this point.

Still wont turn on correctly.. Im uploading a video to Youtube now

7. Quintessence

Quintessence Well-Known Member

As they mentioned before, its a powerful phone. Unfortunately that means its highly sensitive. Factory defects will always be there, but when it gets more and more sensitive, there is alot more that could have them rear their ugly head.

I hope the overnight is quick and best for you. =)

8. d.scardino

d.scardino Well-Known Member

To feed off that, My moto droid when I first got it, I downloaded Antivirus Free by DroidSecurity and had a problem with the phone rebooting itself consistently right after installing that program. Once uninstalled I didnt have a single problem afterwards, except it wasn't an incredible lol.. Sorry about your luck though.. As a last ditch effort, maybe you should Wipe the device and see if it fixes your problem, unless you cant boot it up anymore.

Good Luck..

9. jonw757

Looks like wiping it may have worked, but now it needs to be activated again, Verizon switched me back to my BlackBerry plan for the time being.. so when I go to activate it, it asks me to change plans.. sigh

10. 5thElement

5thElement Banned

We are all dumber now that we have read this....

11. d.scardino

d.scardino Well-Known Member

Hah... In reply to your plan issues, call CS and im sure you can explain to them what happened and theyll fix it up. Or you can use my Verizon which it what i prefer.

LOL 5th im still laughing at that reply haha.. i didn't even read that into it initially until you mentioned it lmao

12. DPDAndroid

DPDAndroid Well-Known Member

VZW Online is showing the next availability for the DI to be 5/14...................

13. bigvinny

bigvinny Well-Known Member

Better to have it break early, if it means free (or nominal fee) replacement with another new phone. It still does rain on your parade to have it die on you so early, though.

14. jonw757

Even though the wipe got it working the wireless still will not turn on, so I am guessing that was the issue to begin with, or at least part of it.

Yes it does kill the "high" from getting a new toy, but its still much better than having to deal with my Storm.

15. lovespekes

lovespekes Active Member

Jon, did VZW say they were sending one out on Monday for you? My Inc is dead and they told me the same thing and that they would overnight it so I would have it on Tuesday. A couple of hours later I received a call saying they would not having any Inc's in stock until Thursday so I won't get mine until Friday.

16. jonw757

Yes they said they were sending it out Monday for Tuesday. Although I did not receive a call.. yet..

What happened to yours?

17. lovespekes

lovespekes Active Member

My phone just died. I thought it was the battery but when I took it to a VZW store they tried different batteries and chargers and nothing worked.

A CSR told me yesterday that I would have a new phone by Tuesday but now it's Friday....and possibly NEXT Friday. I have to call back tomorrow to find out if I have a tracking number yet...although I do not understand how I could have a tracking number if it hasn't been shipped yet.

When the CSR left me the message she did say she was going to give me 250 extra minutes a month for 6 months but I do not use the minutes I have. So when I called back today I asked if there was something else I could have in exchange. I got 10% off my bill for 6 months...something I can use .

Now if I can just get a phone to use!

18. jonw757

Just got a tracking number from Verizon scheduled for Tuesday delivery...

19. lovespekes

lovespekes Active Member

Me, too! What's up with that. I just called VZW about an hour ago and to see if I was still on for this coming Friday or next since their online store shows 5/14 as the shipping date.

Hopefully we will both have working phones by Tuesday!!!!

20. lovespekes

lovespekes Active Member

Jon, have you checked your shipping message for today? Mine shows

Date/Time
    Activity
    May 3, 2010 3:20 AM
    Shipment information sent to FedEx​

May 2, 2010 9:11 PM
    Arrived at FedEx location
    MEMPHIS, TN​

May 2, 2010 2:07 PM
    Picked up
    MEMPHIS, TN​

I'm hoping it starts moving soon so that I can get it by tomorrow!:eek:

21. jonw757

Mine is out for delivery

22. jonw757

Was attempted for delivery but I was not home! At least I will get to charge this one fully before I turn it on, still have the old one to hold me over till then