so my moment broke, then sprint gave me a intercept....Support

Last Updated:

1. Dragon1

Dragon1 Member This Topic's Starter

my moment broke. it was having problems with insane data lockup nearly 5 to 6 times a day... terrible battery life and very very slow.... i took it in and they gave me a intercept...

the intercept in my honest opinion is a piece of junk, a cheaply made phone with significantly infirrior hardware. so i took it back saying i want another moment. well few days later they gave me a new moment and let me tell you..
    i have had it for 3 days not and not a single data lockup.
    battery life is incredible
    very fast and responsive
    no problems at all...
    it is a brand new phone so im trying to figure out whats different.
    under settings- about phone i have
    Firmeware version 2.1-update1
    baseband version s:m900.8.0s.de03
    kernel version 2.6.29
    build number ECLAIR.Dj07
    hardware version m900.8.0

i noticed that it came with a bunch of pictures pre loaded into the phone, i dont know how they got there except that they just show up when in gallery.

anyone else have this setup? is the standard factory setup?
    its very stable for me. maby this information can help others out in finding the right setup
    worst case take your moment to sprint and get another. did not cost me a penny.

im planning on going to radioactive froyo soon.
    thx

Advertisement
  2. HeadlessPonch

HeadlessPonch Well-Known Member

What kind of pictures? Sounds like you probably got a refurb. The build number is the most recent update, but the baseband is 2 behind, and really should be DJ07 as well. If it's not prompting you to update, and you haven't had any problems, I'd say leave it.

Read the Radioactive Froyo thread over at sdx very carefully. Some people have had problems with the newest version.

3. kbrn

kbrn Well-Known Member

Usually when the replace your phone they take your old Sd Card and the battery from your old phone.

4. Dragon1

Dragon1 Member This Topic's Starter

yea i was running the radioactive on my old moment, it worked great for a few months then suddenly the phone OS went completely corrupt.. had to re flash to stock.. shortly after the data lockup became permanent. thats when this whole thing started