So my Sprint bill....the 2nd one

Last Updated:

1. Putty

Putty Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

We got the first bill and it was like $198 bucks or something high. We paid that. I got on my acct page today and it shows my current bill. Say $63.85.....So hmmm, is this what to expect for a monthly charge? I do 1500 share with wife w/ 27% off a month?

Advertisement
  2. toki999

toki999 Member

it should have detailed explanation why it's so high...with prorated charge and the next month bill and stuff....mine ways just about same...

3. Munnarg

Munnarg Well-Known Member

You'd have to provide more information. Does your bill show the $10 premium data charge?

4. cesjr02

cesjr02 Well-Known Member

That sounds about right, I only get a 20% discount and my bill is around 75 dollars/mo after taxes and fees. Keep in mind this will vary from state to state.

5. swazedahustla

swazedahustla Well-Known Member

I have the 1500 family plan with 3 lines, and my bill was $35.67. Normally it should be $130, but thanks to a sprint error they credited it to my bill.

6. darweth

darweth Well-Known Member

On my first bill (first time Sprint customer), I was charged for June-July and for the following month. T-Mobile customers pay for their bill AFTER their month.. it appears Sprint customers pay in advance for the following month.

RoboMonkey likes this.
  7. swazedahustla

swazedahustla Well-Known Member

I have the 1500 family plan with 3 lines, and my bill was $35.67. Normally it should be $130, but thanks to a sprint error they credited it to my bill.

8. AndyCAPPS

AndyCAPPS Member

I also get the 20% off and my bill is like $78 or there about. It used to be around 55-60 but is up due to the 4g and also insurance as well (for a year maybe). I think its pretty reasonable as my Iphone buddies are paying 90+ LOL :)

9. heavychevy

heavychevy Well-Known Member

I called Sprint to find out what was going on with my bill and left more confused than I started. The freaking lady confused herself trying to tell me what was going on.

Me: Why is my bill so high this month
    Her: Um well activation fee for June but then it was waived and prorated for July
    Me: What?
    Her: One moment.........................Your activation fee was waived for June and then applied to July but your bill is prorated until August
    Me: Well then what else did I pay for in July
    Her: The activation fee
    Me: WHAT!!!???? I thought you said the activation fee was for my July Bill
    Her: It is.......
    Me: !@$#!#%
    Her: Please leave positive comments for our survey
    Me: click.........

I have no idea what I'm paying for. I just know it had better be about $120 dollars come August.

10. woofermazing

woofermazing Well-Known Member

You paid for the activation fees on your first bill, on the second they gave you a credit for those activation fees. You should be paying around the cost of the second bill plus $72 dollars next month. (Activation is $36, right?)

11. shiibal

shiibal Member

For those of you guys who have employee discount, does your monthly discount include the $10 4G surcharge?

12. Rigmaster

Rigmaster Well-Known Member

Looks to me like Sprint sends out the bill at the beginning of the cycle and expects payment before the cycle is completed. What that really translates to is paying the bill as soon as you get it isn't necessary and takes interest from you. Paying just prior to or on the day it's due makes the most sense as it's still within the monthly cycle.

1500 EDF with 27% discount should end up being somewhere around $95 before taxes and fees so somewhere in there you must have gotten some other type of credit.

Just note that if Sprint made a mistake, you are still liable for the actual payment and they have a certain amount of time to correct that mistake and expect payment. Chances are though, someone who put in your billing just made a mistake and would not be going back to check on it.

13. Rigmaster

Rigmaster Well-Known Member

No. The discount applies to the standard plan charge only. Also does not apply to additional options/services, insurance, taxes, or fees.:(

14. blkhwkz

blkhwkz Active Member

No the discount only applies to the base plan, not the 4G surcharge or insurance.

15. Joten

Joten Member

My bill was $87 for an individual plan. That includes my 20% discount, insurance, and some $5 charge for having no credit.

evoandroid likes this.
  16. EmoTonyB

EmoTonyB Well-Known Member

everything data with 450 mins. insurance. 10% off employer discount. my bil has never been above or below $77. just the change amount changes.

17. Firefighter05

Firefighter05 New Member

Hey Putty, where does the wife work that gets you all a 27% discount?

18. BenChase7

BenChase7 VIP Member VIP Member

Home Depot will get you 25% off. I know.. I got it! :)