So now that we have Flash...

Last Updated:

1. Ryjabo

Ryjabo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

What's the point?

Developers are going to be able to design apps that use flash, but... until then... why is it a big deal?

Advertisement
  2. ragingyeti

ragingyeti Well-Known Member

Because now we can watch flash movies in the native browser pretty smoothly. Since 75% of the movies on the internet use flash to play their video content, I enjoy having it a lot.

3. Buck Shot

Buck Shot Well-Known Member

It'll be good for my daughter. Now I can visit Nick.com and Disney.com for games and shows

4. ap3604

ap3604 Well-Known Member

Flash doesn't really do a whole lot for people yet since its a beta version and the movies are really choppy/audio is off. But give it time and we will be able to stream full movies Netflix style on our phone's whenever we want :)

5. worker1

worker1 Well-Known Member

Flash can make pages load and scroll slowly. To fix this, set plugins to load on demand.

6. Schwin97

Schwin97 Well-Known Member

Because it makes browsing the internet a 'complete' experience. We are able to browse the internet, any webpage we want, and not miss anything because the webpage developer did not make a mobile version of the page. We talk about watching movies and playing games, but I think it goes beyond those 2 use cases, and settles more firmly on the full experience of browsing the whole and complete web.

7. Ruden

Ruden New Member

8. club968

club968 Well-Known Member

Flash on my Nexus One came in extremely handy as I was leaving the Suns game yesterday and wouldn't make it to a bar to watch the UFC Main Event (Jackson vs Evans). I just navigated to atdhe.net on my phone and watched til I got where I was going. Boring fight though. :)

9. nrowensby

nrowensby Member