So quiet.General

1. Lambertoid

Lambertoid Well-Known Member

So far I do know that this phone is not a Samsung or moto x... But man this phone is blows the others away I actually Like the screen the camera is great coming from the moto x and HTC one I was gang Go with the g2 or nexus 5 or s4 but don't like Samsung so no s4 nexus 5 could sold me if the camera was not bad LG g2 felt like Samsung and I felt that in regular settings z1s had the better camera. Then add the water Proof...just wanted to talk about it I really like sonys skin is smooth and simple...how are you guys liking it

Advertisement
  2. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

3. LuvMusic

LuvMusic VIP Member VIP Member

Today will mark one week for me with my Z1s and so far I'm loving the phone.

I've really not used the camera much, so, I can't comment on it's quality...I really don't buy phones for a camera. I've got a Sony NEX 5N for pics! ;)

What has impressed me is:

1. Screen is very good, if you are comfortable with "natural colors." If you like over-saturated colors, you won't like this screen.

2. Battery life is awesome! I can easily go about 1 1/2 days of regular use on a single charge. Totally "cable freeing" experience from the battery life on my Galaxy Nexus.

3. I'm finding the audio to be good also. Sony has designed it's "sound signature" into the device. So like the screen, some will like it, some not. I am happy with it. With a little equalization, I can get all my audio devices to sound the way I want them too.

4. Radio performance. My Galaxy Nexus struggled to get 3G much less 4G LTE in my office building. Today is the first day I'm in my office with my Z1s and right now I'm looking at 5 full bars of beautiful 4G LTE INSIDE my office building.

Speedtest says 32 Mbps down and 13 Mbps up. Vroom, Vroom!

Between the Snapdragon 800 processor and strong LTE, this baby screams!

5. Sony skin....it's OK and I can live with it. It's closer to pure android than any other OEM skin I have tested so far, but, I still prefer pure android. Some things just don't make sense to me. For example, what's the purpose of the "quick Pick's" bar that appears when you are in the open applications screen? Looks like it was slapped on and out of place. I just ignore it.

Bottom Line: Yeah, I'm very happy with this phone. However, it does have a unique "look, feel and signature" that not everybody will be happy or comfortable with.

IMHO! :D
  4. Lambertoid

Lambertoid Well-Known Member

Lol I.don't plan on the under water thing but I like the idea just incase. No what did they do did they warranty the phone? I have wondered about it
  5. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

That's the Small Apps list; these run on top of whatever is currently displayed.... kind of similar to Samsung's 'Multi Window' feature. Very handy if e.g. you need the calculator while composing an email.
    LuvMusic likes this.
  6. supercad79

supercad79 Active Member

I've only had it for a few days, but this is a HUGE upgrade over the old Commando. Glad I ditched Verizon and went with T-Mo. I was kinda bummed about losing my boot animation, but this phone only takes about 3-5 seconds to start so I wouldn't have time for an animation. Even using a live wallpaper doesn't slow it down or drain the battery much.