• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

holidai

Lurker
Feb 26, 2011
Is there a way to speed up this phone, it is ridiculously slow. everything lags, you can't play games and apps are freezing up. Its been like this since i got it. I took it back into sprint, they said it was because of the processor. Anybody having same problems

Yeah. I'd suggest following TheAndroid's guide. But then reflashing this: Froyo port ROM and Hotspot remover [UPDATED 2/10/11] It's a lot more complete, including Vampirefo's kernal, Froyo, de-odex, full battery popup remover, the Camera flash fix and JIT all in one download. Since you'll already have ext4 from TheAndroid, no need to install that. It also gets rid of the bloatware like the Sprint stock apps.

This brought me from 3-4 mflops stock to 9.83 mflops

Upvote 0
So DON'T use task killers??? Everyone I talked to that has an Android has told me to install one, which I have.

And to be honest, I'm a new user, so this whole "Rooting/Flashing/vampire kernals" stuff is like 'chinese' to me. I'm fairly good on a PC installing crap but I don't want to screw anything up and "brick" my phone. At least with a PC and can go to an old restore point and fix my goof...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones