So slow...Support

1. JAROAM

JAROAM Active Member

Not exaclty sure when it started. Maybe it was when my phone upgraded to ICS. It at least started after that, which was a while ago. My phone is just so slow. Thought I'd clean out my phone to free up memory and the like but that hasn't really helped. Haven't changed any of my settings. It's like an older computer that lags under the weight of all the crap that's on it and changes to it's OS so you'd think about reinstalling the whole shebang.

Examples: Coming out of or going into an application seems to take a few seconds too long. Sometimes my touch buttons will take what seems like an eternity to light up and be accessible. And sometimes when tryping out a text it takes a few seconds to catch up. Sooo...annoying.

Thoughts? Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Netcat

Netcat Well-Known Member

Have you tried a factory reset? A lot of people have been having problems after updating to ICS. You can try two things that might help. First try clearing the system cache, and if that doesn't help, do a factory reset.
  3. JAROAM

JAROAM Active Member

I can clear the cache on a computer but how does one do that on a phone? I'll try that first as a factory reset would mean dumping all my crap off and then reloading. Would be a pain but I could do it.
  4. DragonSlayer95

DragonSlayer95 Resident Air Bender Moderator

You only have the option to clear the system cache is if your rooted through a custom recovery

DS
  5. JAROAM

JAROAM Active Member

Figured it'd be something like that. Well then, I suppose my only recourse is to do a factory reset. Or, maybe, wait it out 'til the next update to Jelly Bean if Sprint ever gets there for the SGSII-Epic-4G-Touch.
  6. DragonSlayer95

If your not willing to root (fairly easy and simple process) to get rid of all that sprint bloat and touch wiz, a factory reset probably would be your best choice.

DS
  7. JAROAM

JAROAM Active Member

Seems like a failry straightforward process. I just may try it. While I generally understand what it means to root one's phone, what are the drawbacks?
  8. DragonSlayer95

The main drawback would be voiding your warranty, unless you've got the best buy geek squad warranty, which covers root related problems.

Another, if you make a small mistake, like say, flash something not designed for the Epic Touch, there's that chance it could brick the device. In other words, you'd have a device that won't power on or anything.

That's why I always say read and research before doing anything root related.

DS
  9. JAROAM

JAROAM Active Member

I don't do anything too feaky with my phone. I just want it to not be so freakin' sluggish, period. If rooting'll take care of that, so be it. I should be safe, right?