SO SO SO FrustratingSupport

Last Updated:

1. stnorm

stnorm New Member This Topic's Starter

I was one of the lucky people that managed to get a HTC Desire HD from Vodafone before they vanished and was bowled over by it:D........untill I went to call my brother to tell him about it and...found out the earphone speaker was broken!!!!:mad: It ranges from a whistle noise to sounding like someone is talking while cymbals are in the same room to no noise at all, not even the other person, silence.. Vodafone have arranged an exchange but have been waiting a week now and after my chat to them yesterday is looks like a good while longer. What is sooooo frustrating is that I actually have a DHD but its just sat in its box looking at me, teasing me to play with it.... must be strong!!! Anyone else in this horrible situation??

Advertisement
  2. karnka

karnka Well-Known Member

...and, your replacement might well be branded/carrier-locked.

3. stnorm

what do you mean when you say branded/carrier locked? If locked is what I think I dont mind it being locked to Voda as I have no prob with them but what is ment by branded? Surely not a vodafone logo on the handset?

4. karnka

karnka Well-Known Member

By branded I mean the software. Vodafone splash screen, applications (eg 360) and worst of all that any updates to the operating system will have to be approved by Vodafone before they're released (often delaying by months).

5. bonerp

bonerp Well-Known Member

i thought vodafone stopped this?

6. karnka

karnka Well-Known Member

They removed the 360 apps from the Desire (original) after the outcry but failed to remove them from the SGS. Initial DHD handsets have all been unbranded but now the branded ones are starting to come out of the woodwork...

7. stnorm

Thanks for informing me of the pit falls of sending the phone back. I have fixed it my self, I had a feeling it was due to something loose by the earphone speaker so I gave that area a huge squirt of compressed air in a can straight into the earpiece and also removed battery and shot a load into there? The phone was going back anyway so what the hell. Guess what..... the earphone speaker is now fine??? I can start now start to complain about the phones battery life......joking.

8. meth23

meth23 New Member

LOL good one :D

9. dvhttn

dvhttn Well-Known Member

Well done for fixing it. But it's funny that the solution is the same as a fix I found via the old interweb for the speaker on my old Nokia E71. Though this was just sucking/blowing on it. Worked a treat.

Dave