So THATS why we ROOT!!!

Last Updated:

1. Lefort1

Lefort1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I never really see too much of a benefit of rooting earlier when we were popping SD cards in and out to root. All that time and all we got were a flashlight, adfree, screen shots and wireless tether.

Woopie :rolleyes:

Then undervolted/overclocked kernels with Wireless N popped out, nice.

Now with Froyo 2.2 leaked, I'm simply stunned at all the new features and speed seen. My browsers blazing. Better battery life. Scrolling within apps, and the overall feel is simply faster. Not to mention the added media benefits of 720p, face detection for the camera and everything else.

And to top it all off, I now have HULU on my phone again (just as good as when Skyfire was working before they were blocked)! The "openness" of Google and Developers never felt so good. I can't wait to see what happens next :)

Advertisement
  2. BaadAndy

BaadAndy Well-Known Member

Mine still says unsupported browser, what am I missing?

3. Josh2

Josh2 Well-Known Member

How did you get HULU????????!!!!!!!!!

4. Lefort1

Lefort1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Here's how on XDA: 2.2, Modded Flash version and Hulu - xda-developers

Basically you need root and a de-odexed rom, it won't work on the leaked Froyo!! I tried!! If you follow everything, try using the Hulu app that's on that first post, the quality is MUCH better than their website with all of the same content. Only downside is you need a task killer like "system" to close it or it runs in the background. But It's a small downside for Hulu on mobile :)

BTW, don't bother wasting your time trying the modded Adobe Flash or Hulu app w/o a de-odexed rom. It won't work! But if you do, go at it and amaze your buddies! :)