So, the CLIQ?

Last Updated:

1. raptorshark

raptorshark Member This Topic's Starter

I'm seriously considering investing in a CLIQ (off-contract, so it's gonna cost me a bit more) and there are a few things that are bothing me:

- What's the general build quality like? Does it feel solid to hold? Is the keyboard nice to use? (Will I need to dig through on-screen menus to find symbols and stuff?) How is the sliding mechanism? Does the screen have any movement when it's open?

- Music. I intend to be using this as my primary PMP as well as my phone. Being fairly tech savvy syncing isn't a big problem for me, but is the music player interface smooth and fluid? What about audio quality from the 3.5mm? Also, how's battery life while listening to music?

Finally, I'm wondering if I should just wait for the Droid (fingers crossed we'll have it before Christmas), but the price might be just a little too steep for me.

Advertisement
  2. DjDroid

DjDroid Member

I would just get the Droid! But that's just me.

3. raptorshark

raptorshark Member This Topic's Starter

Yeah, but I'll need to phone off contract, and if it ends up as much as an off contract iPhone, it's just too much.

4. BORIStheBLADE

BORIStheBLADE Well-Known Member

The only thing I can comment on is the build quality.
    I think its built pretty well. The slider feels solid when opened. The key board is ok, if it was any smaller I would say it sucks. Coming from a black berry curve I don't mind it.

If your not sure it doesn't hurt to wait for the droid. I like tmobiles prices so I stayed with them.

5. zombiepug

zombiepug Member

i played with one a bit at tmobile today and it seemd fairley solid and has a nicer keyboard than the g1. the slider feels solid not wobbly. but the blur ui seems a little too social network heavy and not a nice addon but almost a sidekick replacement

6. drewbdope

drewbdope Active Member

well true, if you're not heavy into social networking the blur can be bothersome, but it isn't necessary. you can not sign up and just put the widgets in the trash and run it with a clean face.