so the s2 is supposed to have a video maker/editor?Support

1. ananelson89

ananelson89 New Member

So I just got the galaxy s2 with tmobile abd apparently it is supposed to come preloaded with a video editor?? My phone doesn't have it! Anyone having similar issues??:confused:

Advertisement
    :
  2. ddobson_23

ddobson_23 New Member

I got mine yesterday with Virgin. I have it. It is in the App drawer next to photo editor
  3. dane80

dane80 New Member

I have the Samsung gallery s2 also from T-Mobile. No video editor either. When I went to T-Mobile and asked why it wasn't
    installed, she didn't have a clue what I was asking. The Strange thing is, Samsung developed the app.

What frustrates me is there has been only a few questions raised, but no answers.

It has got to be a T-Mobile issue.

I also know an individual who has a Samsung Galaxy s2 from Sprint and he has the Samsung Video Editor app.
  4. khaddem

khaddem Active Member

I bought the tmobile SGS2 and i discovered that the movie maker app was missing. So, I called Samsung tech support and they told me that it was a carrier choice to have that feature on their specific SGS 2. I wonder why Tmobile chose not to have this feature enabled on the SGS2? Just like i don't understand why the ATT and Sprint versions have the notification lights and their pre-installed apps can be removed but not Tmobile's? I like Tmobile's plan i am on and that is why i don't want to move to Att or Sprint.
    I also checked on the android market and no luck there either. I am not interested in rooting the phone and i am wondering if anyone on the forum can guide me in finding and installing this app on my new tmobile SGS2.
    thanks
  5. *ecko

*ecko Member

A developer could probably pull the .apk if we ask... Idk where to make such a request though
  6. Baldilocks

Baldilocks Well-Known Member

7. khaddem

khaddem Active Member

hey baldilocks, i went to the link (http://www.multiupload.com/SBINJ599VZ) and it gave me 2 screens to download. Please, guide me on how to download this app on my laptop and install it on my SGS2. I am new at this and any help on the steps to follow will be appreciated. Have you installed this apk on your tmobile SGS2 and does it work well?
  8. Baldilocks

I have the International SGS II, but that is the Video Editor from it.

Click on the link, then I usually always choose the Rapidshare link. The the 'Save file to your computer' link. The name of the file is com.sec.android.app.ve-1.apk .
  9. nandixon

nandixon New Member

I really appreciate the effort but unfortunately that apk appears to be the "Video Editor" apk that Samsung developed for the Galaxy S (Froyo) and not the newer "Movie Maker" video editor apk for the Galaxy S II (Gingerbread). It wouldn't install on my T-Mobile GSII. Comes up with message "Application not installed."

Can anyone provide the apk for "Movie Maker"? It's really frustrating that T-Mobile didn't include this with their version of the phone. (Or alternatively, has anyone figured out how to install the older "Video Editor" on the T-Mobile GS2?)
    Thanks!
  10. Baldilocks

The only one on my Gingerbread GS II (International) is Video Maker. That's the one at the link. Hmmm...
  11. nandixon

nandixon New Member

(Meant to say "Video Maker" rather than "Movie Maker." The new apk for the GS2 is Video Maker; the prior version is apparently called "Video Editor.")

I don't understand this, because the link you gave and the apk appears to be the same identical link and apk for Video Editor that was given by others much earlier this year (January?) when Samsung first came out with that Froyo version. It is not the apk for Video Maker for Gingerbread - unless I'm seriously missing something.

Did you upload the file yourself? . . . I wonder if the download website has somehow mixed the files up/given them the same name?
    Thanks!
  12. Baldilocks

13. nandixon

nandixon New Member

Thanks very much Baldilocks. That is the correct file now - Samsung's Video Maker apk (8.1 MB), versus the other file which was Samsung's Video Editor apk (10.9 MB).

Unfortunately, I still get the same"Application not installed" message when I try to install that one, too! I guess I'll have to wait for someone to figure out how it can be installed on a T-Mobile Galaxy S II. I'd like to avoid having to root it and voiding the warranty.

Thanks again.
  14. Baldilocks

Have you selected 'Unknown Sources' from your Applications settings menu?
  15. nandixon

nandixon New Member

Yes, I had to do that before the (attempted) installation could start. I get the "Installing" message with the "spiraling" horizontal green bar indicating installation is being attempted but then ultimately, after a few seconds, the "Application not installed" message.
  16. Baldilocks

Well, it was worth a try.