So this may be stupid but might workSupport

Last Updated:

1. rbh5081

rbh5081 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Jul 4, 2010
    I had been going in and out for 3g to 1x since about a week or two from getting the x. I installed the leaked 2.2 which solved many of the other problems that I had and the dx worked like it did for the first week I got it. But it stayed with the problem going from 3g- 1x. I tried the option 2 on the 228 number still no help. Well anyhow I was reading on here about the 3g wifi connect thing and wanted to try it out only to find or that it doesn't work unless you pay or root your phone but since I have always had 3g. It has a couple times went back to 1x but as soon as I click on the 3g hot spot icon and turn it on I have 3g again.
    I don't know if its just me or if this really works but I figured I would share it with you all.:eek:

Also I do not know if this works with 2.1 because I never messed with the wifi thing before installing 2.2

2. ericnail

ericnail Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2009

I had my first DX, and I upgraded to 2.2 and I had the same kind of issue (Which is weird because I always have full bars on 3G) with the 3G dropping to 1X a lot and not responding. Even after downgrading back to 2.1, the issues persisted.

I called Verizon and they told me another person (With an Incredible) was having similar issues in my area (Zip Code) but they sent me a replacement within 2 days anyway. Right before receiving my new phone, the problems corrected themselves. However, I used the new phone anyway. So I'm not sure if it was a local issue or what, but it resolved itself within 3 days.

I would say call and get a replacement just to be sure.

All the best,