So this.....General

1. dynomot

dynomot VIP Member VIP Member

...Is where alot of the SGSII mob are, having upgraded. :)

Now a serious couple of questions. I jumped to an SGSIII from my beloved SGSII, now my missus is once again confirmed one of the (many) reasons I love her by letting me have her upgrade again. I could go out and get an SGS4 today and am sorely tempted, but I'm more than happy with my SGSIII. Is the SGS4 really that superior (I have heard so) ? And would waiting for the Note III be a better bet ?

I know the second question is subjective, but I'd like your opinions. (A gift for a certain "Ferrous Posterior" of our acquintance ;):D )

Advertisement
    :
  2. scott_

scott_ Well-Known Member

The one issue with the S3 that I have heard of being a big issue is the signal reception being verrrry poor compared to the S2 and others. Along with what I have read online, I have a co-worker with an S3 and doesn't like the reception.
    I came from the Mez to the S4 ignoring the S3. I can't offer an opinion on the Note's.
  3. Goodspike

Goodspike Well-Known Member

I can't offer an opinion because I never owned either an S2 or S3, but what I would say is focus on the hardware. The software features of the S4, such as gestures over the top of the screen or turning your head, etc., are very underwhelming, as is the split screen feature. The hardware is great, however, but the S3 was reportedly no slouch either.
  4. shmn

shmn Well-Known Member

Wife has an S3 I have an S4. As for the reception comment by scott_...I have to disagree. Using Sprint, there are many times my wife has reception but I don't and she generally has better overall reception. Of course, this is a small sample size.

And I agree with Godspike...wait for the S5 or Note 3. The S4 is really not much of an upgrade over the S3 unless you actually find many of the gimmicky features to be useful. I have turned off all that stuff and for all intents and purposes, I'm pretty much using a slightly better S3. It is a monster of a phone with great hardware, but hardly worth an upgrade from an S3.

And try use more appropriate and descriptive thread titles in the future.
  5. Goodspike

Goodspike Well-Known Member

Cool, I've been promoted from being merely good! :D
  6. shmn

shmn Well-Known Member

My apologies for the misspelling. It's kind of funny, because whenever I saw your screen name, I always pronounced it "Godspike" in my head. And it stuck that way. I'm sure Freud has an explanation for this phenomenon. In any event, we can, as you stated, consider this a promotion.