1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

so Verizon screwed me...

1. Thechidz

Thechidz Well-Known Member

I bought a Tab 2 with verizon LTE and have been using my unlimited data sim. I am a heavy user I have 3 LTE devices now, my rooted thunderbotl, ipad3 and Tab 2. I've been using it for a few days working great with a reliable 4G connection. Today when I turned it on I noticed verizon was downloading a carrier update automatically and I didn't even get the chance to deny it (I always ignore them on my ipad and my tbolt is rooted so I guess they dont send them). Well now my vzw 4g LTE connection is total crap.

Advertisement
    :
  2. jwither

jwither Well-Known Member

Something doesn't sound right, maybe you can educate me, but didn't Verizon stop offering truly unlimited plans a couple years ago, and only recently started selling phones with sim cards?

You've grandfathered your unlimited plan into their LTE service? If you don't have a cap, I'd think you could call and ask them WTF?
  3. Thechidz

Verizon stopped offering unlimted plans summer 0f 2012, so about 6 months ago. I am still grandfathered into the unlimited plan.

All 4G LTE phones and tablets utilize sim cards, and verizon has been selling them for about 2 years now going back to the thunderbolt, which is the phone I have.
  4. jwither

jwither Well-Known Member

Have you installed Flash and gone to speedtest.net? (I've heard bad things about their app)
  5. Thechidz

I've been getting 10mbps down consistently, yes installed flash works perfectly
  6. Thechidz

just did a test right now

[​IMG]
  7. Thechidz

and I am in the sticks. Btw my data seems to be working better now after restarting a few times. Hopefully the issue is resolved
  8. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Glad to hear it seems it was only temporary...