So..VZW says ship by 8/03 but how long did it take to get yours?

Last Updated:

1. kmerton

kmerton New Member This Topic's Starter

So the Droid X says ship by 8/03:mad: but for those of you that have ordered online from VZW..how long did it take for you to get your phone?:eek:

Advertisement
  2. Gareee

Gareee Well-Known Member

On the phone they said we'd get them by the 25th. One arrived on the 19th, and one on the 20th.

3. Necronius

Necronius Member

Ordered mine in store (sold out in-store) on friday after the initial "By the 27th" announcement came out. It showed up yesterday (typing this on it in fact). I would imagine an online order would be no different since that is essentially all they did with mine.

4. cornflwr33

cornflwr33 Well-Known Member

ordered mine on the 18th in store and still waitng for email

5. TeamPCBeach

TeamPCBeach Member

Ordered in corp store on the 18th. Said it would ship bu 23rd. Still no tracking number as of this morning.

6. ECFfighter7232

ECFfighter7232 Well-Known Member

Ordered mine online on the release date (7/15) around 9pm est. my order as of 11 this morning has finally been processed and is "scheduled to ship upon availability" according to their online status. been checking e-mail every hour looking for a tracking number lol.

JubbaTheHutt likes this.
  7. JubbaTheHutt

JubbaTheHutt Well-Known Member

That's ridiculous, especially considering you ordered online the day of its release.

Hang in there buddy, it's worth the wait!

8. OrderFromChaos

OrderFromChaos Well-Known Member

Wow, I guess I got lucky with my order.

I ordered mine in the store on Saturday around noon, and thought it wouldn't ship until the 23th since that's what the website said. The CSR at the store informed me that they ship from a different source and I got my phones (two of them) on Monday at 3:00 PM.

9. psoulos

psoulos Active Member

I ordered mine the 15th around 10pm and still have not received it. In fact, it hasn't shipped yet either...

10. ovenman

ovenman Active Member

I ordered mine in store last evening, was told it would be in my hands by 8/3.

I'm not sure how to track it though?

11. JubbaTheHutt

JubbaTheHutt Well-Known Member

Only online orders can be tracked online. If you purchased it via Telesales or In-store, you will have to contact customer service by telephone and inquire status.

12. OrderFromChaos

OrderFromChaos Well-Known Member

I ordered mine in-store and received an email from Verizon Wireless that my order had shipped and received a FedEx tracking number with it.

13. dblack9

dblack9 Well-Known Member

where is everyone located?
    i want to pull the trigger on this today.
    anyone near atlanta, ga?

14. lbw

lbw Active Member

I ordered a replacement by phone on 7/20. I was told I would have the phone by 8/3. I received a tracking number today showing it will be delivered tomorrow (7/23). I am in Alabama so my phone is coming out of Memphis.

kmerton likes this.
  15. kcs7272

kcs7272 Well-Known Member

Ordered mine online at 1:00 am on the 15th and got it at 2:30 on the 16th. Called to get a replacement due to dead pixels on the 19th or 20th (can't remember) so who knows when I will see it.

At the time I called they were to ship on the 27th but the rep swore I would have it by then. Now who knows? I suspect they will new orders before they take care of replacements, you know....cha ching cha ching$$$$$$$$. :(

16. arcturussage

arcturussage Well-Known Member

I imagine people will be getting them in waves. The authorized dealer near me got 2-3 Thursday, 2-3 more friday, monday and tuesday. It seems like they are shipping them out to stores a little at a time as often as possible.

17. arcturussage

Nah, I imagine fixing replacements will be more important. They don't want to piss off current customers or generate too much bad press.

My droid X that I got friday has terrible reception issues so any time I tried to make a call the signal would drop. Didn't matter how I held it or anything else. Just happened to be a dud phone. I brought it back to the authorized retailer (because for some reason verizon couldn't send me a new one) and I got my new phone tuesday. And the signal has been fine.

18. schizrade

schizrade Well-Known Member

Just ordered mine 45 minutes ago. We shall see how long the turn around is. None of the local stores had any. The Wifes Curve 8530 has already shipped, rofl.

19. schizrade

schizrade Well-Known Member

It would actually be interesting to track VZW deliveries, 3rd party deliveries and store receptions/purchases on a GIS system. It would be fun to see the movement of goods and demand in different areas.

20. arcturussage

I'd like to see it too. I saw from screen shots that some stores were getting a 70+ phones for launch. I imagine all the stores around we weren't as well stocked.

I also think it's interesting that the Authorized Retailer near my seems to be getting 2-3 phones a day while some of the verizon stores in the area at least claim to be sold out.

21. kmerton

kmerton New Member This Topic's Starter

We ordered on VZW website on 7/19; 2 droid Xs, 5 accessories. Got the VZW email thursday night 7/22 saying 1 phone had been shipped, it too is coming out of Memphis, I am in South Cackalacky. ;)

I am already writing down what apps I want and I don't even have a phone yet! :D

22. Araldo

Araldo Well-Known Member

I ordered 07/20 online. VZW said I wouldn't receive the phones until 08/03 but I got both of them today. I love it

kmerton likes this.
  23. johnrclem

johnrclem Member

You can create lists on appbrain.com without having a phone to sync it with yet.

kmerton and llamakc like this.
  24. cornflwr33

cornflwr33 Well-Known Member

as i said earlier i'm one of the ones who ordered in store on the 19th.. told the 27.. nothing yet.. no email.. yadda yadda... went to VZW store today, happened to speak wiht a manager as to my order and she said she ordered hers online on the 15th for her son- she hasn't received hers either... maybe its a maine thing LOL

25. androy

androy Well-Known Member

My replacement was supposed to be shipped on the 3rd.. Instead, it was shipped yesterday..

I hope all of my replacement's pixels are alive.. :)