• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

So..VZW says ship by 8/03 but how long did it take to get yours?

Ordered mine on 7/20 and it shipped out on 7/25 and I got it before noon yesterday (7/28). Told me 8/3 would be the shipping date when I ordered it online.

I don't understand something here, you ordered yours on the 20th of July, and it shipped on the 25th, and you got it on the 28th, thats 8 days of waiting, and a 8/3 date was displayed for a general arrival date.

I ordered mine on the 27th, A 8/4 date was shown for mine, 5 days later, it will be the 31st, which was your ship date. And then 3 days after that will be the 3rd. Of course this is all based on your results which can vary for me.

My question is... if i ordered one today, and a 8/4 date was shown, It would seem like it would be here alot earlier than those who ordered early. Im seeing a general waiting time of 8-10 days, today would make the 8/4, 6 days away. I just don't get the shipping logic at ALL.:thinking:

Upvote 0
Message Body: I am writing to report my extreme disgust with the way I have been treated by Verizon Wireless over the past two months. I have been a loyal customer since 2004 and have had no issues until my recent experiences with the HTC Droid Incredible and the Motorolla Droid X ordering. Originally I ordered the Incredible on 6/6/2010 and was told it wold arrive by the 26th of June. It did not arrive however until July 6th. Because this phone was so late I asked about canceling my order and waiting for the X. I was told this was impossible, but I could just wait until the X came out, order it and exchange my Incredible. On 7/16 I ordered a Droid X over the phone @ *611 and was promised it would ship 7/21 and arrive 7/24 at the latest. On 7/24 with no Droid X to be seen I called *611. I was told at that point my shipping was delayed and would go out by 7/27. That is today's date. When I didnt receive a confirmation I called customer service and spoke with Gina. Gina informed me that on 7/16 the rep actually made a mistake and ordered me another Incredible and worse that when I called on the 24th and asked for a superviser, he realized this mistake and instead of being honest and telling me about it he simply cancelled my order for the Incredible and ordered me an X. Gina also informed me that now my X would ship by 8/3 and I'll have it by 8/5. So instead of Verizon fixing their original mistake with the incredible and satisfying a customer, things have actually gotten much much worse.
I would like to know if Verizon has any plans to correct these problems and offer some sort of consolation to me and the many other customers who have been wronged. If I promise to pay my bill on a certain day and I don't my service will be shut off and I'll have fees applied to my account. Yet, Verizon makes mistakes left and right these last 2 months and I get nothing? Please have a manager contact me as soon as possible to discuss this situation and persuade me not to change carriers.

Upvote 0
Message Body: I am writing to report my extreme disgust with the way I have been treated by Verizon Wireless over the past two months. I have been a loyal customer since 2004 and have had no issues until my recent experiences with the HTC Droid Incredible and the Motorolla Droid X ordering. Originally I ordered the Incredible on 6/6/2010 and was told it wold arrive by the 26th of June. It did not arrive however until July 6th. Because this phone was so late I asked about canceling my order and waiting for the X. I was told this was impossible, but I could just wait until the X came out, order it and exchange my Incredible. On 7/16 I ordered a Droid X over the phone @ *611 and was promised it would ship 7/21 and arrive 7/24 at the latest. On 7/24 with no Droid X to be seen I called *611. I was told at that point my shipping was delayed and would go out by 7/27. That is today's date. When I didnt receive a confirmation I called customer service and spoke with Gina. Gina informed me that on 7/16 the rep actually made a mistake and ordered me another Incredible and worse that when I called on the 24th and asked for a superviser, he realized this mistake and instead of being honest and telling me about it he simply cancelled my order for the Incredible and ordered me an X. Gina also informed me that now my X would ship by 8/3 and I'll have it by 8/5. So instead of Verizon fixing their original mistake with the incredible and satisfying a customer, things have actually gotten much much worse.
I would like to know if Verizon has any plans to correct these problems and offer some sort of consolation to me and the many other customers who have been wronged. If I promise to pay my bill on a certain day and I don't my service will be shut off and I'll have fees applied to my account. Yet, Verizon makes mistakes left and right these last 2 months and I get nothing? Please have a manager contact me as soon as possible to discuss this situation and persuade me not to change carriers.

I don't think coming on here and complaining about Verizon's treatment of you is going to get you too far with them. You should contact Customer Service and ask to speak to a manager/supervisor. I do not think what they have done in your situation is right, but at the same time these are the two most demanded phones that Verizon possibly has ever put out hence the delays. I think you would be better served contacting Verizon directly instead of hoping they see your message at some point on this forum.

Upvote 0
I don't think coming on here and complaining about Verizon's treatment of you is going to get you too far with them. You should contact Customer Service and ask to speak to a manager/supervisor. I do not think what they have done in your situation is right, but at the same time these are the two most demanded phones that Verizon possibly has ever put out hence the delays. I think you would be better served contacting Verizon directly instead of hoping they see your message at some point on this forum.

***Guy I obviously sent this as an email to Verizon. Just copied it in here to show people.

And yes it did work... sort of. Still no Droid X in hand, but did get a free month of service, HDMI desk charging dock, and $25 gift card from incredible.

Upvote 0
As I stated yesterday, I ordered mine online and another over the phone Sunday night the 25th. They shipped the over-the-phone order yesterday 7/28, and shipped the online order today the 29th. Both are scheduled for delivery tomorrow 7/30. Crazy thing is that they are on a plane coming From LA, CA. Why in the world would they do this if there is a distrubution warehouse right above me in TN...lol

I'm in AL..

Upvote 0
I love how all of these people who ordered after me will be receiving (or in some cases, have already received) their Droids by today/Friday. Thanks Verizon, that makes so much sense! I have yet to get a shipping notification.

Don't mind me. I consider myself to be very patient in general, except when it comes to online purchases. I can't handle them. :D

Upvote 0
Ordered mine online at 12:03am on 7/26. Just received email notice today that it shipped today out of Memphis, to arrive tomorrow. When I placed the order it said it would ship *by* 8/4. I actually called Verizon today and they said it would ship on 8/4. I suspect when I spoke with the rep this morning my phone probably wasn't logged in as being shipped yet.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones