• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

So... What do you think of the new XENFORO FORUMS??

Personally I don't like it one bit. Nothing wrong with the old forum layout.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Everything was easy to find with old forum, this is just a mess.
Thanks for all the help I received in old forum. Will look at it again in a few days.
Nothing USER FACING was broken.

But apparently it was taking a lot of duct tape and wd-40 and a lot of time to keep it that way. If this is going to make the process more efficient and less of a PITA, then it's worth it.

Upvote 0
Getting the hang of it now- not bad at all.
One thing I liked on the old forum was the IOS and WINDOWS sections at top of screen. Can't find them at all--are they still here ?? I have a Lumia 520 as a spare phone. Son has iphone 4S, but he is coming round to android. I liked to see what was being developed by apple and MS
Thanks,
Greg

Upvote 0
This new format will take some getting used to. I also have no edit button or report button unfortunately. I am sure it will be fixed soon, but it is difficult to deal without the ability to edit posts.

The new Like count is not the same as the old Thanks count. It is the old Like count. The old Thanks count is gone completely :(

Upvote 0
This new format will take some getting used to. I also have no edit button or report button unfortunately. I am sure it will be fixed soon, but it is difficult to deal without the ability to edit posts.

The new Like count is not the same as the old Thanks count. It is the old Like count. The old Thanks count is gone completely :(
The likes value you have today came from your old thanks value.

They lost the old likes in the change - I gave up 16k of them, so I hear you.

I'm rattling cages often on the edit bug, hopefully that'll be sorted out soon.

Upvote 0
The likes value you have today came from your old thanks value.

They lost the old likes in the change - I gave up 16k of them, so I hear you.

I'm rattling cages often on the edit bug, hopefully that'll be sorted out soon.
Thanks for the reply. I have another small gripe. You see the nice "Moderator" banner at the bottom of your avatar? Why no "Developer" banner?

Upvote 0
Any chance that there can be themes? Like theme it in old forum format so no one is lost as I am? Plus notifications are screwed up. I get notified of everything but before the only alerts were for thanks, likes and private messages. Now I get spammed alerts when someone simply looks at my posts. And trophies? Seriously? Is this PlayStation Network now? I know Android 5 has PlayStation buttons but come on

Upvote 0
Any chance that there can be themes? Like theme it in old forum format so no one is lost as I am? Plus notifications are screwed up. I get notified of everything but before the only alerts were for thanks, likes and private messages. Now I get spammed alerts when someone simply looks at my posts. And trophies? Seriously? Is this PlayStation Network now? I know Android 5 has PlayStation buttons but come on
Answered in part in the rant thread.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply. I have another small gripe. You see the nice "Moderator" banner at the bottom of your avatar? Why no "Developer" banner?
No question, we need to sort out the other user groups that didn't update badges with the move.

I've petitioned to get my title changed to reflect my true position here - Martian Ambassador rather than Mod.

However - I think you're right, devs ought to come first so I'm going to see that that change happens before mine.

Appreciate your patience in the meantime.

You know what they say about ETAs but if I hear one I'll let you know.

Things got tangled, sorry.

Upvote 0
I'm getting alerts for every piece of activity. Views. Comments on any post no matter how old the thread, etc. And no one explained the point of trophies.
Have you played with the Alert Preferences to see if it helps? http://androidforums.com/account/alert-preferences

I've noticed that a lot of the default options don't really make sense, but Xenforo does provide a lot of granular control so you can tune things to work for you. :)

Reactions: cwhatever
Upvote 0
I'm getting alerts for every piece of activity. Views. Comments on any post no matter how old the thread, etc. And no one explained the point of trophies.
Trophies complete the set of keeping up with your thanks count.

Like the likes, trophies are something that some people show off and some put in the junk drawer.

They're a data reduction of your post count and likes count into a single, fun, scaled, meaningless number.

We got the equation from the English Department and are torn - some say we should try again, others that the equation is perfect.

No puppies were harmed in the making of this lighthearted reply.

If anyone is offended by this post, then I apologize and simultaneously agree that I should take trophies more seriously and I should also fight to get rid of them.

I promise to see to both just as soon as I have time. Honest. :)

Upvote 0
Can I disable trophies? I never liked them on PSN and they feel pointless here. This site gives me the sick reminder of Facebook. At least in its default view
Sorry, meant to address that in my last post. You can disable the trophy notifications in that same spot.

As for what's the point of trophies... There isn't really one (to my knowledge). They're just a fun little extra. They don't mean anything more than an achievement on Steam, for instance. And, again, it's easy to disable alerts for them and pretend they don't exist.

Upvote 0
If there is any way to restore the familiar look and feel with this new system please do so! Or find another forum software that does. Xenforo seems hip and cool but for older folks who despise sudden layout change it sucks.
I've already explained why we we did this and why we're not going back.

Sorry you chose to ignore that.

Repeating the question won't change the answer.

Upvote 0
Why make this thread if you won't accept people's criticism and just say hey our way or the highway? Was the point of the feedback rhetorical? The site is now childish and full of irrelevant features. The alert system sucks. The theme reminds me of iOS 7. My avatar looks crap and I can't fix it! Seriously it sucks when I and anyone else has to learn all over again. The forums used to be great but let's face it, you killed them. Turned it into a stupid social network ripoff.

Upvote 0
If enough people complain you have to do something. Unless you want to pull a card from Apple's playbook.

We think that the answer is the post I directed you to that you still haven't bothered to read, choosing instead to continue like this.

I have no intention of repeating the answers, you're clearly only interested in talking.

Thank you for sharing your feedback.:)

Upvote 0
I'm hoping you're listening to the feedback not just from myself but the rest who also preferred the old layout.
Waiting for you to read what I said about the layout.

Sure will save you a lot of time and grief over your assumptions.

But if you like to assume things, that's your right.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones