• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root so what happens when

i dont believe it will update without asking you but i am not 100% sure on that. Side effects of going from your modded root to 2.1 are unforeseen. it could be completely fine, or there could be some problems. i definitely wouldnt count on it to go down without any problems at all. id say you block ota updates to be safe.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
If you do the update you will lose root access. If your mods are like themes, graphic, icon changes, you'll probably lose that too, the update will probably update all those framework files and replace what you've modified.

If you want the OTA, then install bugless beast or Simply stunning. they'll perform better than the stock OTA anyway. The ROMs now are the same OTA that VZW is about to roll out.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones