• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help So what is option "Lock Message" in SMS app??

taylormah

Jul 21, 2010
When you press and hold on a SMS that you sent or received, on the pop-up menu there is option to lock the message. It happens both in stock app and Handcent app on my Epic. If you lock it, a lock icon appears next to it. But what does it mean?? And yes, I googled, but the answer that came up was it does not let message be deleted. I locked a message and again did press-n-hold and choose delete - and the locked message still did get deleted. So at least I know that it is not protection from deletion. then what is it for then??

it prevents it from being deleted....... yes I know you said when you try to delete that message it still deletes.... this is because your specifically deleting that message.... however if you were doing a batch delete of a bunch of messages....... this one would not delete as it is protected.....

it assumes you realize that if youre deleting a specific message then thats the one you want.... thats why it lets you even if its locked...... however if youre batch deleting then it assumes you want the locked ones protected and leaves them on there

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones