So what mail application is everyone using?General

Last Updated:

1. autolycus

autolycus Member This Topic's Starter

HTC's mail default zoom on mail with images rather than displaying the entire message is pretty annoying, and it's handling of anything other than raw text has quite a bit of room for improvement. So, I thought I'd find out what other people are using.

Which mail app do you use for your non-gmail accounts, and why?

Advertisement
  2. JoePT

JoePT Well-Known Member

I guess I didn't even know there were other mail apps out there. I can't sync up my school account for some reason, so I'd be interested in this as well.

3. fish2587

fish2587 Well-Known Member

i had trouble as well. the problem was i was putting in the wrong SMTP server ( if that abbreviation is correct), and was using the wrong password, but you might wanna search your schools website for that kind of info. there was a whole page on mine on how to set your school email up on devices.

4. MathewS81

MathewS81 Well-Known Member

I've just been using the gmail app that comes with the phone. Seems pretty decent.

5. JoePT

JoePT Well-Known Member

I don't think my school has a page like that. My other friend with a Palm had difficulty doing it as well but got it figured out somehow. Ours is IMAP I believe (not that it means a single thing to me...I don't know what the difference is).

6. autolycus

yeah the gmail app is decent, but it only works for gmail accounts. I'd rather not forward my mail to gmail so i can keep the two inboxes separate.

7. esn

esn Well-Known Member

I have several email accounts I just forward all of them to my gmail account.

8. mtnbikerid3r

mtnbikerid3r Member

Look for K9 on the market. It is a pretty good email program and you can set up multiple accounts in it. I liked it better than the email program on the Droid and will probably use it on the Incredible but haven't had time to install it yet.

xyzsb likes this.
  9. jasonb1985

jasonb1985 Well-Known Member

i use the stock Gmail app.

10. paimon.soror

paimon.soror Well-Known Member

Gmail app here as well and I am loving it. So much cleaner than the gmail app that was available for blackberries

11. JoePT

JoePT Well-Known Member

how do you forward other accounts to gmail?

12. Doitle

Doitle Active Member

I as well have been unable to set up my schools email on the incredible... I followed the guide on the help desk website as well as the one on gmails help page. No luck :(

13. sdmania

sdmania Member

I'm using the Gmail app but when a new email comes in i thought you were supposed to get a number notification on the icon? Like if 1 new email comes in a 1 is in the top right hand corner of the icon. Mine doesn't seem to do this. Any suggestions.

14. mmisterio

mmisterio Well-Known Member

for whatever reason my aol email won't push to gmail even after setting up.. I have both the gmail and email apps running.

15. CatsTide

CatsTide Well-Known Member

go to your gmail on a pc...go to settings>accounts and import>check mail using pop

can't remember the rest but just follow along...

16. slbailey1

slbailey1 Well-Known Member

I'm using the HTC Mail application for all my accounts - Exchange, gMail, and Yahoo. I like the HTC Mail app. I like having everything in one place and I get my mail fast.

17. axel_2078

axel_2078 Well-Known Member

Stock Gmail app for me.

18. crimton

crimton Well-Known Member

19. ffeingol

ffeingol Well-Known Member

I'm using both gmail app (for gmail of course) and the K-9 app for the rest of my accounts. The K-9 app uses IMAP IDLE (the HTC app does not) so you get 'push' mail and it shows up almost instantly. your mail server has to support IMAP IDLE for it to work however.

20. airbourneone

airbourneone Member

I'm using the HTC mail appl predominately and I occasionally use the default GMAIL appl- both are suitable. :D

21. BzB

BzB Well-Known Member

HTC mail app for all my needs. work (exchange activesync push) and pop3 (check every 5 mins).

on my droid i was using touchdown for my work email and the stock android email app for my pop3. personally i think the htc mail app is a big improvement over the stock android email app.

22. LuckyAndroid

LuckyAndroid Member

Is it overkill to have multiple GMail accounts set up in both the Gmail app and the default mail app? Should I only use one or does it not really matter? I want to sync one of the accounts as my calendar.

23. TheSultan

TheSultan Well-Known Member

people even HAVE non-gmail accounts?? just kiddin'. I use the native Exchange app for my work email. I don't need it and rarely look at it, just have it enabled cause I can!

24. appleaj

appleaj Well-Known Member

I use mail, for my school account exchange account, and the gmail app for my gmail.

25. autolycus

K9 supports IMAP IDLE, so i can push from any IMAP account now. That did the trick :)