So what

Last Updated:

1. shawnpeck

shawnpeck Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I know “best” is subjective, but I want some opinions. I have used Take5 and got too many Forces Closes, especially when making or taking calls (I don’t know if it’s other things on my phone, like ADW Launcher). I now have Galaxy r12 and the camera sucks. The camera and the subject has to be completely still or the pic is blurred and videos are just awful. Maybe I should use the new 1.6 OTA with tweaks. Or there's stock 1.6 Odin image. Please help!

Advertisement
  2. j0hnh0lmes

j0hnh0lmes Well-Known Member

It depends on what you want out of your phone. For me the "best" is the 1.6 OTA Tweaked b/c it has less FC & almost no bloatware.

3. shawnpeck

Yeah that one sounds good. I think I will go with it.

4. shawnpeck

So I guess the tweaked 1.6 doesn't have Navigation and the Cube button is just dead. I am thinking I'll try Take5 again and hope the phone works better for me.

5. bearsfan85

bearsfan85 Well-Known Member Developer

it should have nav and the cube button i believe is a search button now

6. shawnpeck

Cube button does nothing for me. However, I went straight from Galaxy r12 to the tweaked 1.6 OTA and my phone is jacked right now. It says I have zero memory available and can't load any apps. I know I need to reflash something. Just waiting to get off work.

7. j0hnh0lmes

j0hnh0lmes Well-Known Member

flash to 1.6 OTA then 1.6 OTA tweaked, that should fix it.

8. djquick

djquick Well-Known Member

Or just do a factory reset and that will clear your memory. That seems to be the biggest issue with flashing the new 1.6 and after a factory reset, everyone seems to be happy.;)

9. shawnpeck

Well, I got 1.6 tweaked working. Still don't see how to get navigation and the cube button is still dead.

Edit: So I updated the maps app and now I have nav.

10. microhaxo

microhaxo Well-Known Member Developer

I disabled the cube button.. Hated it with a passion. Not sure how bh_man changed the hotkey for that so i just left it to nothing.

11. #1indahoodg

#1indahoodg Well-Known Member

I'm still using Take5 with the new ADW Launcher from the market, all I did was adb push the new Launcher to replace the Advance Launcher that BHMAN put on Take5 and it works perfectly. And the battery life is great been up and running for 20+ hours still at 40% battery left.:D

12. flamereaper

flamereaper Well-Known Member

Hey could you say how exactly you did that??? Do you have to delete something??? im a noob so plz help :eek:

and is adw faster after removing advanced launcher?? coz its kinda laggy if you have overshoot on and five screens....

13. #1indahoodg

#1indahoodg Well-Known Member

Where to start . Do you have all the drivers setup on your computer for adb to work? And no I didn't have to delete anything just adb push the ADW Launcher.apk file but make sure to rename it to TwLauncher.apk before you push it , it will replace the old one which is Advance Launcher. Your right with it being buggy with the over shot just go to the settings and turn it off there are a lot of settings I think you should turn off but thats my opinion of course just use your on judgement. Today was my second day with it and didn't experiance not one force close which is very good with this ROM which I experience a lot of force closes with, could of been the advance launcher all along. Will keep updating day by day how it works on the phone for a week but I will upload the apk file today on rapidshare for anyone who wants to give it a try for themselves.

renardk764 likes this.
  14. shawnpeck

microhaxo, thanks for the update.You have the best rom now I think. I just need to use v2 so the Cube button can do something. may as well put it to use right?

I didnt know the default home could be replaced completely. That's awesome. I guess it can't be done with tweaked ota 1.6, right? That's ok because I don't mind using adw launcher on top of the native home.