So whats your status with the rebate?

Last Updated: 2011-01-06 04:37:14
  1. cruiser771

cruiser771 Well-Known Member

I sent in my rebate literally hours after picking up the phone on launch day, 8-31. It was received one week later on 9-07. Its been at 58% on the website for a while now, on the "pending approval" part. Anyone else have anything different for their rebate status?

Advertisement
  2. nchargreed

nchargreed Well-Known Member

If you're a new Sprint customer, you have to have active service for 30 days before they will proceed.

If you simply upgraded your phone as an established sprint customer and your status hasn't changed since 9/7, I'd call if I were you. Status details indicates that you should expect a status change in 1-2 weeks.
  3. Howard Packer

Howard Packer Well-Known Member

I held mine aside to wait for the 30 days in case of a return. Sent to Sprint on day number 29. Just got email confiof my rebate tracking information today.
  4. gme109

gme109 Well-Known Member

Everyone should make sure that they print out an up to date rebate form before sending it off. I had printed out my rebate form when I first got my phone, almost a month ago. I didn't send it in until a week ago, and almost sealed the envelope when I noticed that the dates on the form had expired! I went back to Sprints website and printed out another one, which had the right expiration date. If you send in a form that says your rebate must be mailed in before a certain date, and that date has already passed, I'd imagine they wouldn't approve the rebate.
  5. cruiser771

cruiser771 Well-Known Member

im not sure if they'd consider me new, I ported my number from AT&T over to my sisters Sprint premier account, so its an added line to her account which has been on sprint for years. It has changed status once but has held at the pending approval for a few weeks now. lets see who gets it first
  6. Stringyquark

Stringyquark Well-Known Member

I believe that new lines fall under there 30 day policy so if you decide you don't like the plan or phone you can cancel. If the status doesn't change after 30 then I'd be concerned. For now I think you're safe. BUT I'm no expert, that is just my understanding. I'm sure that is one question that a sprint rep could easily answer.
  7. MAKOKILLER

MAKOKILLER Well-Known Member

'That's why I buy my phones at best buy no rebate crap!
    DILands likes this.
  8. mollyma7

mollyma7 Member

Got mine at Best Buy, and they only do instant rebates! I will always get my phones there, as I have no desire to wait months to get my money! Plus their Geek Squad insurance plan is better than Sprints.
    nchargreed likes this.
  9. nchargreed

Wow! I didn't realize that. I've always purchased mine at the Sprint store because it was convenient to charge the purchase to my account, but NOT as convenient as an INSTANT REBATE! I know for the future.

Also, tell me more about the Geek Squad insurance? Do you pay a lump sum, yearly? Is the deductible less? If you need a replacement do you take it into the Best Buy or mail order? Have you ever had to use it? Can I purchase it even though I got my phone from Sprint? Lots of questions but if you could just compare the two??
  10. Seddy

Seddy Well-Known Member

I'll definitely be going to best buy to get my Epic next Wednesday {CANT WAIT!!!}.
  11. flonkas

flonkas Well-Known Member

Radioshack does instant rebates also. Its nice not having to wait.
  12. mapcom1

mapcom1 Member

The only reason i didnt go to best buy is because only at sprint they could bill my account. fyi still waiting too.
  13. Johnny Cakes

Johnny Cakes Well-Known Member

Mine was initially denied. I think they try to deny the rebate whenever possible hoping that you'll not notice. A phone call to the 800 number and now I'm at 83%.

Offer:$100.00
    CheckDate
    Received:09-19-2010
    Status Detail:Your rebate is approved and is in the final stages of processing and should be mailed to you within the next 30 days. Thank you
  14. nchargreed

Denied??! Did they give you a reason?? I've never had problems with Sprint rebates in the past.
  15. gme109

gme109 Well-Known Member

There is a reason why companies use rebates, they're hoping you don't dot every i and cross every t.

This is one possible reason why some may get denied.

Everyone should make sure that they print out an up to date rebate form before sending it off. I had printed out my rebate form when I first got my phone, almost a month ago. I didn't send it in until a week ago, and almost sealed the envelope when I noticed that the dates on the form had expired! I went back to Sprints website and printed out another one, which had the right expiration date. If you send in a form that says your rebate must be mailed in before a certain date, and that date has already passed, I'd imagine they wouldn't approve the rebate.
  16. aroldan2539

aroldan2539 Member

Yu
  17. Nucleartx

Nucleartx Well-Known Member

Insurance unless its lost/stolen....
  18. Johnny Cakes

Johnny Cakes Well-Known Member

They claimed I had account "too long." It may have stemmed from moving the Epic to my primary number. I will say that they fixed it without a hassle.
  19. nchargreed

so are you saying they don't insure it against loss or theft?? If that's the case it isn't worth it, at least for the first year. Manufacturer warranty fixes most within the first year.
  20. I got mine at Radio Shack. But I used to have AT&T and I'm barely getting rebate cards for devices I bought as far back as last November.
  21. rjcc

rjcc Member

has anyone gotten theirs yet? I got mine day 1 and now the website says 100% / check mailed
  22. Othan1

Othan1 Well-Known Member

Just called and they gave me a check number and stated it was mailed on the 19th. The website does not appear to have correct information for mine as it was stating DECLINED.
  23. Orbiting234

Orbiting234 Member

Mine also shows as "mailed"
  24. edvan

edvan Well-Known Member

Mine was approved and sent, so it says.

Still waiting.
  25. beldorian

beldorian Active Member

How do you check the status of your rebate? Where do you go on the site?