So when 2.3 hits...

Last Updated:

1. Beatlesfan

Beatlesfan Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've gotten pretty attached to my rom (inc does desire z). If the dev doesn't support it and update it to 2.3 I'm not sure what I'll do lol. To all of you who are on roms that won't get updated for a while, what are you gonna do when 2.3 hits?

Advertisement
  2. EgoDogg

EgoDogg Well-Known Member

I'll probably switch the a ROM that has 2.3 on it :) And how do you live without a camera! I'd go insane!

3. howarmat

howarmat Well-Known Member

agreed i have to have a camera and the devs will update fast for most ROMS i think

4. Beatlesfan

Actually the camera just got fixed today. Not the camcorder yet though.

I'm one of the few who loves sense, so I'll need a stable 2.3 rom with sense.

EgoDogg likes this.
  5. EgoDogg

Knew it was coming soon! I just checked a few hours ago and didn't see it fixed! Time to finally load it up! :D Thanks!

6. Beatlesfan

Haha no problem. It works really well, even the things on www.htcsense.com like locking the phone work. Now we just need camcorder. And Android 4.0 Zebra Cake. ;):D

7. EgoDogg

Only problem there is ID isn't working on it anymore. Hopefully somebody takes over and fixes the camcorder if it isn't working

8. Beatlesfan

Yeah, that's what I'm worried about. That's also why I asked about Gingerbread.

9. EgoDogg

Makes some sense now. Haha. Hmm, i wouldn't install 2.3 unless it was a sense ROM, i just naturally assume people mean that now - can't live without it. :eek:

10. Beatlesfan

Yeah, I'm the same way. I gotta have sense. I tried CM 6.1 as well as a few nightlies and didn't care for vanilla. I tooled around with SR and a few others and then got hooked on Virtuous. It's just Sense with no fat, which is great by me. Three days ago I found IncDoes Desire Z and was blown away. I LOVE the new sense. Then the camera fix came out and I said done! It's my new daily driver.

11. EgoDogg

It's now my daily ROM now. Finally got it all setup and set to go :)

* Holy crap! Video Effects in the camera!!! Awesome!!!
    ** And the volume bars to zoom!

12. Beatlesfan

Lol yeah it's pretty sweet. I can't wait until the official new sense is released for the incredible.

13. rsarno

rsarno Thank Me, Im Irish! VIP Member

Thank god im on Business Sense from NilsP (find on XDA)

he updates it constantly, i have never seen a more attentive developer

14. Beatlesfan

I've looked at that rom and it's nice. But after trying the new sense I'm totally hooked on it. It's really nice and works well for me. I realize that it's not the end all be all of roms, but for me, it's my favorite so far. :D

15. apsawyer65

apsawyer65 Member

Nils just posted Business Sense Desire Z. A mix of Nils theming and ID's Z ROM. Running it now and all works great except the Camcorder. Standard camera also works.

16. lafester

lafester Well-Known Member

you can bet all active rom devs will have updates as soon as we have a 2.3 leak.
    not to worry lol.

i would also imagine that as more devices come out with the new sense we will get a more compatible port... possibly with 2.3 included if we are lucky :)

my guess is if we get a 3.0 update we will get the new sense included with that release. (let hope!)

17. I am thinking about rooting did not think about not getting updated though glad I saw this topic.

18. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

You can bet the devs will have it going before Verizon even thinks about sending out an update. Same reason many of us have been running Gingerbread in one form or another for the past several weeks. And why we all had Froyo well ahead of release.

19. ACD168

ACD168 Well-Known Member

The devs already do.

20. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

Yeah I meant they will get it bug free and every bit as good or better than an official release well beforehand. Or are you saying they already have new Sense ported bug free? Guess I haven't really been following them close enough to know.

21. rsarno

Im running Gingerbread right now, via the CM nightly ROM. Everything works flawlessly with the exception of some minor kinks

But the dev's are extremely active, and will be working it all out quickly i am sure

Go check out the CM Nightly thread on XDA

22. Medion

Medion Well-Known Member

My plan right now is to keep switching between Virtuous 3.2.0 and Cyanogen 6.1 until I'm weened off of Sense. After that, I'm going to move on to Cyanogen 7 when it hits stable. From then on, I'll stick with Cyanogen, and only purchase phones that get supported by Cyanogen. This will ensure that I constantly have an updated OS, something that the OEMs do not want to do.

I plan to keep my phone at least until April 2012, so being stuck on 2.2, 2.2.1, or 2.3 (whatever the last version HTC finally gives us) is not something that I'm looking forward to.

23. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

The Cyanogen ROMs are great, I love the customizations that they give you control over. It's 'little' stuff, but it makes a big difference (to me) in how usable the ROM is overall.

24. radtechy

radtechy Well-Known Member

now you got me thinking....im using the stock sense ROM but i used my task killer to shut it down and i use launcher pro cause i like the scrolling docks and other tweeks i can do but i like sense only for the smart dial

my question is being that im rooted do i have to unroot before upgrading to gingerbread whenever/if it ever comes out for us and the unroot again?

25. rsarno

You can use CM7 and then use DialerOne to get the dialer from froyo/sense